The Department of Palliative Medicine, at Ochsner Health Center Slidell, Louisiana is seeking a PALLIATIVE MEDICINE PHYSICIAN to join our expanding team.
- Candidates must be HPM or HMD certified physicians. Fellowship trained preferred.
- Salary offered will be commensurate with experience and training.
- Responsibilities will include providing direct patient care.
- Provide comprehensive care for patients and their families who are living with a serious medical illness. This includes supporting patients in making decisions that are consistent with their values and goals, supporting families and caregivers in making decisions when patients are no longer able to make their own.
- Palliative Medicine providers will provide the ongoing emotional, psychological, spiritual and medical support needed for patients and families to adjust and cope with disease progression and options for ongoing care.
- Opportunity to be a part of a growing practice in Palliative Medicine
Slidell is part of the North Shore Region of Ochsner which includes a network of multispecialty Adult and Pediatric services with over 170 physicians and 100 advanced practice providers. Through our partnerships with St. Tammany Parish Hospital in Covington, Slidell Memorial Hospital and the Ochsner hospitals in Slidell and Bay St. Louis, we provide Pediatric care for the entire region with two Level III NICUs, a 4 bed PICU and two inpatient Pediatric acute care units.
As a suburb of New Orleans, the North Shore Region, offers a family-oriented community with the amenities of New Orleans just 30 minutes away. Known for its many festivals and community events, parks and recreational activities for both adults and children, St. Tammany Parish is ranked #1 in the state for its outstanding, award winning school system.
Ochsner Health System is Louisianas largest non-profit, academic, healthcare system. Driven by a mission to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate, coordinated clinical and hospital patient care is provided across the region by Ochsner's 40 owned, managed and affiliated hospitals and specialty hospitals, and more than 100 health centers and urgent care centers. Ochsner is the only Louisiana hospital recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a Best Hospital across three specialty categories caring for patients from all 50 states and more than 70 countries worldwide each year. Ochsner employs nearly 25,000 employees and over 4,500 employed and affiliated physicians in over 90 medical specialties and sub specialties, and conducts more than 700 clinical research studies. Ochsner Health System is proud to be a tobacco-free environment. For more information, please visit ochsner.org and follow us on Twitter and Facebook.Interested physicians should applyHERE
Sorry, no J1 visa opportunities.
Ochsner is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Department of Palliative Medicine, at Ochsner Health Center – Slidell, Louisiana is seeking a PALLIATIVE MEDICINE P...
Apply on company website