The Ochsner Health Medical Director Population Health reports to the Chief Population Health Officer. This 0.8 FTE position provides clinical leadership for all aspects of population health pertinent to Ochsner Health and Ochsner Health Networks Medicare Advantage, Medicare Share Saving Program, and Commercial value-based agreements. The medical director will have shared accountability for the clinical aspects of population health programs and services. The medical director is responsible for working collaboratively with other population health solutions that align with the broader value-based performance management strategy.
- Supports all clinical aspects of population health programs and services, including, but not limited to: Outpatient care management, chronic care management, transitional care management, pharmacy programs, and outcome measurement.
- Supports the medical director post-acute, in the development of continuity of care tactics and strategies. Ensures that patients are effectively transitioned between care settings in an appropriate manner.
- As medical director for population health, develops effective EPIC strategies and tools, including EPIC Health Maintenance, evaluation and enhancement of Ochsner developed tools to support population programs. Works in conjunction with Associate CMIOs to implement developed tools. Focus on point of service decision support for radiology, lab, and pharmacy.
- In collaboration with medical director palliative care develops strategies to ensure appropriate identification and management of patients approaching the end of lifer.
- Works in conjunction with the CPHO to understand cost and utilization patterns in value based contracts, and implements additional programs to ensure appropriate utilization of health care services.
- Understands care variation in clinical processes, and utilizes PMO resources to enact care re-design activities. Makes presentations to providers, service line, COEs and others on impact of care variation in value based outcomes.
- Medical degree with 5+ years of practice experience, Board certified in current specialty.
- Active and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in Louisiana required.
- 3-5+ years of applicable medical director experience, will demonstrated knowledge of health care systems.
- Advanced degree (MBA, MMM), or progress towards such degree is preferred.
- Specific knowledge of care variation at the provider and system level.
- Knowledge and practical understanding of healthcare systems and care variation methodologies and programs.
- Demonstrated ability to lead change (internally and externally) and produce measurable results within a specified time period.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and collaborate with others.
- Good analytic skills with the ability to identify meaningful trends and targets for improvement.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the demonstrated ability to establish rapport and working relationships with providers, payors, and internal staff.
- Strong communication and presentation skills; ability to tailor message to a variety of audiences.
- Successful utilization of process improvement tools and methods to achieve results
Interested physicians should apply HERE
Ochsner Health is a system that delivers health to the people of Louisiana, Mississippi and the Gulf South with a mission to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate. Ochsner Health is a not-for-profit committed to giving back to the communities it serves through preventative screenings, health and wellness resources and partnerships with innovative organizations that share our vision. Ochsner Health healed more than 876,000 people from across the globe in 2019, providing the latest medical breakthroughs and therapies, including digital medicine for chronic conditions and telehealth specialty services. Ochsner Health is a national leader, named the top hospital in Louisiana and a top childrens hospital by U.S. News & World Report. As Louisianas leading healthcare educator, Ochsner Health and its partners educate thousands of healthcare professionals annually. Ochsner Health is innovating healthcare by investing in new technologies and research to make world-class care more accessible, affordable, convenient and effective. Ochsner's team of more than 26,000 employees and 4,500 providers are working to reinvent the future of health and wellness in the region. To learn more about Ochsner Health, please visit www.ochsner.org. To transform your health, please visit www.ochsner.org/healthyyou.
Ochsner is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Ochsner Health Medical Director – Population Health reports to the Chief Population Health Officer. This 0.8 FTE position provides clinical ...
Apply on company website