SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
***$1,500 SIGN-ON ELIGIBLE*** External candidates only.
Oak Hill Hospital is the largest medical facility in Hernando County, recently completing a major expansion, bringing its bed total to 350 and adding its popular obstetrics program, The Maternity Suites. The hospital is one of the area's largest private employers, and offers Hernando County's only comprehensive cardiovascular surgery program and one of the most advanced robotic assisted surgical systems. The hospital launched GME a few years ago which continues to expand and now includes family medicine, internal medicine and transitional year programs.
Oak Hill has achieved several distinctions including: first in the nation to have achieved 100% board certified emergency nurses; first Florida hospital and two-time recipient of the Lantern Award by the Emergency Nurses Association; 24/7 intensivist critical care coverage in its 36 bed ICU; certified Advanced Primary Stroke Center comprehensive Women's Imaging Center with digital mammography; accredited Comprehensive Community Cancer Program and orthopedic & Spine Institute.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program and an employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
The Monitor Tech monitors patients' EKG waveforms in a centralized monitoring station. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
- Interprets Rhythms and Arrhythmias.
- Reports all changes in heart rate/rhythm to appropriate nursing staff.
- Maintains Telemetry Supplies.
- Records patient condition utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Performs duties with full understanding of related age specific factors.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- BLS Healthcare Provider.
- Completion of Basic EKG/Arrhythmia course. Demonstrated ability to interpret cardiac rhythms and arrhythmias.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- CMT/Cardiac Experience Preferred.
- Experience as a monitor tech in a hospital setting preferred.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to remain focused and maintain concentration over extended period of time. Ability to quickly make decisions to report patient condition with minimal supervision.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website