The Behavioral Health Service Line is seeking a part-time Addiction Psychiatry/Medicine Physician to join our Methadone Maintenance Opioid Treatment Program at Staten Island University Hospital in Brooklyn, New York.
- Assessment and authorization of treatment
- Determination of dose changes
- Oversight of treatment team planning
- Coordinate patients' progress and treatment plans
- Responsible for dispensing and administering Methadone and Suboxone in accordance with all applicable federal and state regulations
- Working collaboratively with two NPs and other professional staff
- Participate in community and professional education/consultations around medication assisted treatments
The Canarsie Multi Service Center provides Methadone maintenance treatment services to opiate dependent individuals who voluntarily request treatment and meet all applicable regulatory and institutional requirements. At the center, we prioritize and offer services to special populations that include women; pregnant women; mentally ill chemical abusers; medically ill patients; and HIV / AIDS patients. The primary objectives are to reduce and/or eliminate opiate and secondary substance abuse, reduce and/or eliminate criminal activity, reduce behaviors contributing to the spread of infectious diseases and improve the quality of life by restoration of physical and mental health and functional status. The clinic is accredited by the Joint Commission and all counselors are certified in addiction counseling (CASAC).
- Medical Degree (MD or DO) from accredited institution
- Certification in Addiction Psychiatry or Addiction Medicine
- Current licensure as a physician in the State of New York
- Active Buprenorphine waiver (DATA 2000)
- ACLS or other certification, as required by department. Certification must be obtained within one (1) month of employment.
- Experience with stabilization and withdrawal management and settings
- Addiction Medicine Fellowship
- Experience providing treatment for addiction and co-occurring mental health disorders
- Experience in an addiction rehabilitation environment
- Experience with therapeutic groups (preferably addiction-oriented), therapeutic communities, and inpatient care
Benefits at Northwell Health include:
- Nationally competitive salaries
- Vacation and CME time commensurate with employment status
- Academic appointment commensurate with experience at the Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell
Qualified candidates should forward their CV to Victoria DiCanio: Vdicanio@northwell.edu
The Behavioral Health Service Line is seeking a part-time Addiction Psychiatry/Medicine Physician to join our ...
Apply on company website