DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
At HCA Healthcare, we are all caregivers. Your ability to make a difference with our patients is at the foundation of all that we do. For over 50 years, HCA has been committed to our patients and to our employees. If you are interested in joining a team where patient focus is number one, apply now! Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at HCA Healthcare, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need. You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our nursing team. Join us in our efforts to better our community! We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits will include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, student loan forgiveness, an employee discount program and more. Choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan that will best suit your needs. The Supervisor-Nursing/Administration will supervise and coordinate the operational and personnel activities throughout the facility. The Supervisor-Nursing/Administration will act as an administrative liaison for all departments for the defined shift for which he/she is responsible. The Supervisor recognizes that each patient is an individual to be treated with dignity and respect, and is also committed to being responsive to the needs of the patient's family or significant other. The Supervisor-Nursing/Administration combines the knowledge bases of nursing and management to make decisions and or recommendation relative to: · The delivery of responsive quality patient care based on the nursing process · The assessment of unit staffing needs and the appropriate placement of nursing personnel. · The serving as a resource person and role model for all personnel. · The communication of identified problem situations to the Director of Nursing Services. · To promote continuity of hospital operations through the interpretation and enforcement of hospital policies and procedures. · Meets with patients, family members and other customers to discuss concerns and unmet needs. Coordinates the response. · Manages the resolution of issues that arise during the course of the shift. · Executes decisions in the absence of the Hospital Administrator. · Determines need to contact Administrator on Call. · Evaluates issues and identifies trends. · Communicates trends to hospital leadership and collaborates on problem solving to address trended issues. · Serves as the leader of the hospital safety plan in the absence of hospital administrators and other leaders. · Includes coordinating the response to reported incidents including employee injuries.
· Monitors and evaluates clinical standards within the Hospital.
· Ensures that age and culturally appropriate care is given. Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data. Founded in 1976, Northside Hospital is a 288-bed facility located in the heart of South Pinellas County, Florida. Northside is part of the HCA West Florida Division of Hospitals, a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery and diagnostic imaging facilities, and a complete continuum of specialized healthcare programs that meet the healthcare needs of residents and businesses in West and Central Florida communities. We are a family 270,000 strong! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring! We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Current licensure as an RN or ARNP in the State of Florida.
- Current certification as a BLS through the American Heart Association required. ACLS and PALS Healthcare Provider through the American Heart Association desired. National Institute of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) certification also required...available online, free of charge, at www.strokeassociation.org.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of clinical nursing experience.
- Basic knowledge of main functional areas within the Hospital.
- Minimum 2 years managerial experience in clinical nursing within hospital environment preferred.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, strong communication skills and leadership abilities.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website