Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center located in Bangor, Maine has an excellent opportunity for a physician assistant to join our 4 skilled surgeons and six other allied health professionals in a well-established, hospital-employed Cardiothoracic Surgery practice.
- The successful candidate will work side by side with our talented surgeons and excellent team on all cardiothoracic cases.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, preoperative patient evaluation, first assisting for cardiac and thoracic procedures, endoscopic saphenous vein harvesting, chest tube placement, and providing postoperative patient care in the ICU, other post-surgical care units, and outpatient clinic.
- This position requires surgical call rotation, shared with other allied health professionals.
- Experience with endovascular vein harvesting strongly preferred.
Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center is committed to making healthcare work for the people of Maine. It is a 411- bed, regional tertiary care and ACS verified level II trauma center serving a patient population of 500,000 living in the northern two-thirds of the states geography. The hospital is a base for LifeFlight of Maine, a critical care air transportation service flying nearly 900 missions per year. Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center is a member of Northern Light Health, an integrated statewide health delivery system that is raising the bar with no-nonsense solutions that are leading the way to a healthier future for our state. Northern Light Health offers a broad range of providers and services, including nine hospitals, primary care and specialty physician practices, long-term care, home health and hospice agencies, and emergency ground and air transport.
Bangor, Maine is a vibrant small city with easy access to Maines spectacular coast, mountains, and lakes. Schools rank among New Englands best with the flagship campus of the University of Maine located in the neighboring town of Orono. Bangor serves as the regional hub for medicine, the arts, and commerce. Bangor International Airport offers direct and one-stop service to most major destinations.
Why Northern Light Health?
- Robust compensation and benefits package
- Student Loan Reimbursement Programs
- Relocation Bonus
- Sign on Bonus
- Flexible schedules and exceptional work/life balance
- Generous PTO benefits
- Leadership and teaching opportunities, if desired
Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center located in Bangor, Maine has an excellent opportunity for a physician assistant to ...
Apply on company website