DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
North Florida Regional Healthcare is an organization centered around the community hospital in Gainesville, Florida — North Florida Regional Medical Center (NFRMC). NFRMC is a 432-bed, full-service medical and surgical acute care center serving North Central Florida and offering comprehensive cardiovascular care, oncology, orthopedics, neurosciences, minimally-invasive laparoscopic and robotic surgery, weight loss surgery and treatment, senior care, women's health and wound therapy, among other services. A proven leader, NFRMC is fully accredited, is certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center and a Quality Top Performer by The Joint Commission, is an accredited Chest Pain Center, is designated as a Blue Distinction (tm) Center for Knee and Hip Replacement, Spine Surgery and Bariatric Surgery, and earned a position in Truven Health's Top 100 Hospitals in 2017.
North Florida Regional Medical Center is a member of HCA Healthcare. Based in Nashville, Tennessee, HCA is the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 185 hospitals and more than 1,800 sites of care, including surgery centers, freestanding ERs, urgent care centers, and physician clinics, in 21 states and the United Kingdom.
The Clinical Pharmacist identifies, resolves, and prevents drug-related problems. Recommends and monitors patient drug therapy and provides drug information. Interacts with patients, family, and other health care providers as appropriate to assure continuity of services and to achieve desired patient outcomes through safe, timely, cost-effective drug therapy. Participates in formal and informal activities that enhance professional development, training of students and residents, and clinical research.
This position is 7 days on, 7 days off - 10 hour shifts.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (including but not limited to):
- Prepares and dispenses medication orders per physician request according to established policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Ensures safe, appropriate, cost effective medication therapies for patients according to established policies, procedures and protocols.
- Contributes to the quality and effective operation of the department.
- Assures appropriate drug, dose and dosage form of medications dispensed for all ages of patients served.
- Maintains competence required for current position
- Performs other related functions as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree or Doctor of Pharmacy Degree required
- Pharmacist license in the State of Florida required
- ASHP residency preferred
- Hospital experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
Demonstrated skills in organization, verbal and written communications, customer service, math, analysis, reading, following instruction, basic computer usage and attention to detail.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At HCA, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website