Requisition 16445: Sr. Terminal Manager - Chattanooga TN
#LI-JH1Job Description Job Description
Responsible for safe, efficient, and scheduled train performance on assigned territory.
- Ensures annual rules classes are held for train service employees and verifies compliance with the rules by monitoring performance on a continuing basis.
- Provides support in investigating accidents and injuries to determine cause and minimize future occurrences.
- Plans the operation of local trains to provide required service to customers and fulfill service requirements.
- Requires a good working knowledge of safety and operating rules, train operations, FRA regulations, hazardous materials, labor agreements and corporate policies as well as Thoroughbred Yard Enterprise System (TYES), crew call, and other applications.
- Requires ability to operate track switches, couple cars, maneuvering onto and off of equipment, and perform work around freight trains.
- Develops, motivates, and trains employees who work in the assigned territory.
Job Related Experience:
Minimum Level: 1-2 years Preferred Level: 3-5 years
Preferred Level: Bachelor's Degree (BS)
- Business - Transportation Operations / Logistics
Licenses / Certifications: Required: None listed Preferred: None listed
- Crewcall System
- MS Outlook
- MS Word/Word Processing
Skills and Abilities:
- Communication Skills
- Customer Service
- Time Management
- Decision Making
- Developing Employees
- Sr. Terminal Supervisor
- Sr. Road Supervisor
- Road Manager Engineers
- Terminal Manager
- Road Manager
- Assistant Terminal Superintendent
- Superintendent of Terminal
Shift Work: Yes
Weekend Work: Yes
Travel Required: 6 - 10 Days per Month,
New Headquarters – Atlanta, GA
Norfolk Southern is in the process of constructing a vibrant & modern corporate HQ in Midtown Atlanta, GA. Our HQ is scheduled for completion in the summer of 2021. To check out a sneak peek, we've linked a playlist below.
Norfolk Southern Corporation (NYSE: NSC) is a Fortune 300 organization and one of the nation's premier transportation companies. Its Norfolk Southern Railway Company subsidiary operates approximately 19,500 route miles in 22 states and the District of Columbia, serves every major container port in the eastern United States, and provides efficient connections to other rail carriers.
We are a team of more than 20,000 employees working together to maintain our reputation as "The Thoroughbred of Transportation." As an industry leader, Norfolk Southern offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
At Norfolk Southern, we believe in celebrating our individuality. By leveraging the unique backgrounds and viewpoints of our employees, we can create a culture of innovation, respect, and inclusion. We know that employees thrive in a workplace where differing viewpoints, ideas, and experiences are freely shared and valued. As such, we encourage all employees to contribute their distinctive skills and capabilities to our organization.
Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation and, gender identity. Together, we power progress. More information can be found at NS-EEO
Don't just work here, Thrive here.
Apply on company website