Nintendo of America Inc.
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold billions of video games and hundreds of millions of hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™ family of systems, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™, and Wii U™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo's operations in the Americas. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company's website at http://www.nintendo.com.
Nintendo is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a welcoming and inclusive environment in service to one another, our products, the diverse consumers we represent, and the communities we call home. We do all of this with kindness, empathy and respect for each other.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Provide overall direction and effectively manage systems/software associated with assigned areas, ensuring efficient integration of systems, applications and business processes.
- Plan, coordinate, direct, and application design-related activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for operational activities of the department.
- Works closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
- Develop, manage and maintain the enterprise vision, strategy, roadmaps and tactical project plans for assigned areas.
- Assists the Director in the business process, feasibility, risk assessment, impact and cost-benefit studies to maximize or enhance the utilization of existing systems or assess the need for new systems.
- Manage and develop teams to effectively support personnel growth and performs individual assessments and evaluations.
- Monitor and maintain technology to ensure maximum access and efficient, secure and stable environments.
- Oversees design and architecture reviews for supported applications.
- Oversees the design and execution of end-to-end unit and integration testing.
- Oversees and manages contracts, budgets and vendors associated with assigned areas and projects.
- Ensure work is completed in such a way to comply with established processes, JSOX and other internal controls (i.e. SDLC, change management, production control, following standards, architecture review, incident response, PCI and PII information security, etc.)
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 6-10+ years of related experience, including previous people management experience.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Proven ability to make sound strategic decisions and to manage, organize and deliver on multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to hire, develop and lead talented teams of software engineers
- Experience building cloud scale software
- Demonstrated knowledge of agile principles and practices
- Demonstrated knowledge of Amazon Web Services (Lambda, EC2, Aurora, etc.), including writing Lambdas in AWS.
- Coding experience using Python and/or Java
- High level understanding of REST APIs, clustered environments (such as Kubernetes, Docker) and best practices around continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD)
- Experience working in an IDE such as IntelliJ, Eclipse preferred
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL, SQLite a plus
- Coding experience with Node.js, React.js a plus
- Experience with enterprise Java tools such as Tomcat, Sonar a plus
- Full-stack development experience a plus but not required
This position is hybrid/onsite in Redmond, WA. Relocation assistance is available.
Apply on company website