Pay Range: $17.58 - 21.35 hourly
At Nebraska Furniture Mart, we've been hiring friends since 1937—people who share our passion for helping customers feel right at home. If you share our vision, we invite you to be one of us!
People love working here! Glassdoor ranked Nebraska Furniture Mart in the top 50 Best Places to Work in the U.S. and here are a few reasons why:
- A FUN, stable work environment, with no lay-offs in our history
- A safe place to work and shop
- A path to the career of your dreams (career development opportunities)
- A culture that encourages volunteering and serving our communities
Job Description: Your Piece of the Puzzle
Nebraska Furniture Mart's Furniture Repairer is responsible for repairing, touching up and rebuilding all furniture products. Generally working with complex repairs ensuring that the product is looking top-notch and in sellable condition for our customers.
Job Duties: A Day in the Life
- Inspect: Examine product for defects, determine the complexity of the problem
- Repair: Ability to remove and install covering, padding, webbing and springs as well performing glass cutting
- Operate: Run various power tools to assist in repairs including a sewing machine to fix ornamental trim, braids and buttons
- Finish: Match colors of stain and paint to a variety of finishes
- Perform: Complete in-home furniture repairs; make decisions on how to handle and negotiate while in customer's homes and often times responsible for operating the repair van
- Accuracy: Track and maintain inventory and document movement of merchandise
- Safety: Maintain housekeeping. Keep all hazardous chemicals properly labeled and stored according to government standards
Your work will directly impact our ability to help people create a lifestyle they love, for the people they love—because that's what we love.
Benefits: What's in It for You?
As a full-time member of our Nebraska Furniture Mart Family, you will enjoy:
- Competitive pay
- Health, dental, vision and life Insurance
- Paid holiday and paid time off
- Staff discount on merchandise
- (Collectively, NFM staff has saved almost $2 million on purchases in the last 12 months)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid training
- 401(k) with company matching
- Short and long-term disability
- Employee assistance program
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Community volunteer opportunities
Nebraska Furniture Mart is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on company website