Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in correctional management, criminal justice, public/business administration, education counseling or other related field and four (4) years correctional experience, two (2) of which must be in a supervisory capacity required. Directly related experience may be considered in lieu of formal education requirements if approved by management. Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
- Plan, coordinate and manage the administrative and programmatic activities of the department.
- Provide staff training, evaluate staff performance and recommend department and personnel changes to the deputy warden of operations.
- Assist the deputy warden of operations in the preparation of the departmental budget; monitor and control expenditures.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new and revised policies and procedures affecting security. Coordinate with other departments to ensure compliance with overall facility objectives.
- Exercise overall supervision of correctional officers and inmates; supervise, protect, instruct, train, counsel and evaluate employees and inmates. Schedule employees and provide scheduling for inmates work and off-duty time. Make recommendations for inmates considered for trustee status. Assist in formulating security and work procedures.
- Supervise and direct searches for contraband and provide security.
- Provide security and custody for inmates. Supervise the observation of inmates.
- Respond to emergencies.
- Read, review and properly apply information found in inmate records related to the inmates' health and safety, and to the security of the facility. Provide appropriate information to other personnel.
- Supervise the preparation and maintenance of records, forms and reports.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed. Provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
- Maintain accountability of staff, inmates and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Apply on company website