Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At the Mountain Division Transfer Center we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an) Registered Nurse Patient Placement Coordinator and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.Benefits
At the Transfer Center we want to ensure we support you through all stages of your life as a nurse. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our Registered Nurse Patient Placement Coordinator opening and continue to learn!Job Summary and Qualifications
The Patient Transfer Center's mission is to assist in the clinical placement and movement of critical patients both into and out of our facilities, providing timely access to care for our patients when minutes matter the most. We are a Team of Registered Nurses serving as a central resource to facilitate and provide safe, efficient transfer of emergent and acute care patients. The Patient Transfer Center coordinates all aspects of: Transfer, Admission, ER Notification, Consultation, Transport and Telemedicine service for patients into or out of an HCA facility in the region. This service is available to every Hospital, Urgent Care, Clinic, Care Facility, and Health Provider referring into or out of an HCA facility.
As a member of our team, you will:
- Be responsible for coordinating direct admissions and hospital transfers to an appropriate HCA Division hospital.
- Coordinate ambulance transfers from the HCA Division hospitals to other facilities and post-acute care providers.
- Work in a customer-centric transfer and transport call center; respond to all callers with the aid of an electronic database of service profiles, approved clinical protocols and healthcare information.
- Efficiently and effectively, manage all hospital transfers. Consult with on-call physicians regarding patient care issues, needs and concerns and advise when appropriate.
- Work collaboratively with HCA facilities to manage all internal and external patient movements and the allocation of bed assignments.
- Apply your nursing knowledge derived from education and experience as foundation for gathering appropriate clinical data to ensure appropriate placement, transfer facilitation, communication, and accurate documentation.
- Facilitate inner facility transfers, maintaining communication with all parties including but not limited to attending/accepting MD and referring facility.
- Communicate with physicians and outlying facilities if placement of a specific patient will be problematic. Use problem-solving skills to determine the best course of action, which will be satisfactory to the patient, the MD, and the hospital.
- Make suggestions, and utilize creative thinking and acquired knowledge to assess situations and improve department decision-making and action.
- Be responsible for documenting and tracking all hospital transfers and transports.
- Assist in data collection, monitoring, evaluation, and analyzing of transfer problems for the purpose of developing and implementing protocols, policies and procedures.
- Follow specific protocols, policies, procedures, and utilize established resources.
- Work collaboratively with team members ensuring appropriate patient admissions and exceptional consumer experience
- Exhibit excellent customer relationship skills including telephone and personal contact with all of the call center's customer groups, i.e. physicians and their office staffs, nurses, vendors and fellow employees, etc.
- Establish and maintains a high degree of awareness and knowledge of participating HCA hospital's medical staff, services and special programs
- Maintain composure and customer-centric communication with challenging callers.
- Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy, and “Mission and Value Statement.”
Education and Requirements:
- Graduate from an accredited ADN or Diploma nursing program
- Current license to practice professional nursing in the state of Utah
- BLS, ACLS, PALS Certifications (If not currently certified with ACLS and/or PALS: must obtain within 6 months)
- Minimum 5 years acute care RN experience
- BSN or Bachelor's degree in nursing
- 2 years of Critical Care nursing to include ED, ICU and/or House Supervisor experience
HCA Healthcare (Corporate), based in Nashville, Tennessee, supports a variety of corporate roles from business operations to administrative positions. Like our colleagues in any HCA Healthcare hospital, our corporate campus employees enjoy unparalleled resources and opportunities to reach their potential as healthcare leaders and innovators. From market rate compensation to continuing education and career advancement opportunities, every person has a solid foundation for success. Nashville is also home to our Executive Development Program, where exceptional employees are groomed to take on CNO- and COO-level roles in our hospitals. This selective program focuses on ethics, leadership and the financial and clinical knowledge required of professionals at this level of the industry.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our Registered Nurse Patient Placement Coordinator opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website