The Division of Interventional Cardiology/Endovascular Interventions at Mt Sinai Hospital, NYC seeks a highly qualified applicant for their 1 year position of Non ACGME accredited Endovascular Intervention Fellowship program starting July 2021. Pre-requisites for the program include successful completion of an ACGME-accredited Interventional Cardiology Fellowship.
The Endovascular Division of Interventional Cardiology at Mt Sinai Hospital is one of the busiest programs on the East coast, which provides state of the art comprehensive care to patients with peripheral vascular disease – both arterial and venous. We perform >2000 arterial and venous procedures on a yearly basis. In addition, we are actively involved in research and are at the forefront of multiple national and international PAD trials. The program provides fellows in the Vascular Diagnostic and Intervention program with integrated training in the diagnosis, care, and percutaneous treatment of patients with vascular disease with a particular focus on peripheral vascular disease and the performance of peripheral vascular procedures. The fellows work in close association with world-renowned team of Department of Vascular Medicine and Department of Vascular Surgery to gain comprehensive training in the field of vascular and endovascular medicine. At the end of the fellowship, the fellow is Board eligible for Vascular Medicine and Endovascular Medicine.
We offer the opportunity for fellows to gain knowledge and procedural expertise in the evaluation and management of patients with a wide variety of vascular diseases including:
- Acute and chronic arterial occlusion of the lower extremities
- Acute and chronic limb ischemia
- Atherosclerotic renal artery disease
- Atherosclerotic disease of the brachiocephalic vessels including the carotid artery
- Venous disease – Deep venous thrombosis, Venous compression, Superficial venous insufficiency.
- Inflammatory vasculitis
- Procoagulant states
- Aortic disease
At the end of the fellowship, the fellows gain expertise in following intervention techniques:
- Atherectomy – directional, orbital, aspirational and laser
- Femoral, popliteal, pedal, radial and brachial accesses and management
- Drug coated balloon and stenting, Supera stenting, Covered stenting
- Tpa thrombolysis
- Carotid and Subclavian stenting
- Renal stenting
- AAA repair (Endovascular)
- Deep venous stenting
- Superficial venous ablations, sclerotherapy and phlebectomy
- All forms of closure devices
- Wound care
In addition, with a dedicated time for non-invasive teaching, the fellow also gets an in-depth exposure to vascular imaging modalities and are actively involved in performing and interpretation of
- ABI/ PVRs with exercise treadmill
- Arterial and Venous Doppler of lower/upper extremities
- Arterial and Venous Doppler of aorta, renal, mesenteric, carotid/subclavian arteries
- CT and MR angiogram
Our training program will allow the trainee to acquire knowledge and involvement of evaluation and management of patients in the both inpatient and outpatient clinic settings.
As a part of the training program, the fellow is expected to be an active participant in the
- Quality and Assessment Program
- Morbidity and Mortality Conferences (M&M)
- Journal Club
- Research and Publications
- Presentations at National and International conference (Funded by the Department)
How to apply:
To apply for a position starting July 01, 2021, please email to Maria Directo at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
- Endovascular Interventional Cardiology Application Form
- Current CV
- Personal statement
- 3 Recommendation Letters (1 recommendation from the Cath Lab Director)
- Copy of ECFMG certification (if applicable)
- Copies of publications
- Procedure Log detailing procedural training done and signed by the Cath Lab Director.
Deadline of submission: October 1, 2020.
For further details, you can visit our website:
The Division of Interventional Cardiology/Endovascular Interventions at Mt Sinai Hospital, NYC seeks a highly qualified applicant for their 1 ye...
Apply on company website