The Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai/Mount Sinai Hospital is seeking a Psychiatrist with an interest/training in Addiction Psychiatry.
The Icahn School of Medicine's Department of Psychiatry is a vibrant community of clinicians, researchers, educators, and trainees committed to discovering the causes of, and better treatments for, mental illness and substance use disorders. We are ranked #6 nationally in NIH funding, and listed as one of the top regional hospital departments by U.S. News & World Report.
This position is open at the Mount Sinai Hospital, located on the Upper East Side of New York city, adjacent to the Icahn School of Medicine.?? Mount Sinai Hospital is a 1,171 bed tertiary-care facility internationally acclaimed for excellence in clinical care, education and scientific research.
Title: Psychiatrist (REACH Program)
Part-time (3 days per week)
Service: Behavioral Health Outpatient
Purpose of Position:
Provide psychiatric evaluation and treatment in a primary care outpatient clinic for patients with substance use disorders ensuring appropriate medication management and longitudinal care
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Provide direct psychiatric evaluation, assessment and treatment??
- Provide evidence-based care to patients with substance use disorders in our hospital based primary care Article 28 clinic.
- Function as an integral part of the collaborative care team which includes nursing staff and other services such as Addiction Medicine, Psychology, and Social Work??
- Provide direct psychiatric evaluation, assessment and treatment at the REACH Program
The Respectful & Equitable Access to Comprehensive Healthcare (REACH) Program offers primary care services to patients who use alcohol and/or drugs or who are in recovery from addiction. Using a harm reduction model, REACH offers overdose prevention services, access to buprenorphine and other medicines to treat substance use disorders, as well as comprehensive primary care that integrates behavioral health (psychiatry, psychology, and social work). The REACH program further offers care coordination support from patient navigators and patient support groups. In addition to this psychiatrist position, the REACH team consists of 17 additional team members (5 physicians, 2 NPs, 2 RNs, 2 social workers, 1 clinical psychologist, 4 patient navigators, 1 program manager).
- Complete documentation and billing in a timely fashion as required by compliance
- Ensure compliance with standards of regulatory agencies
- Assist in providing adequate and appropriate service coverage which includes assisting the Outpatient Director in the provision of continuous patient care and documentation
Specific Job Qualifications:
- MD or D.O. from an accredited School of Medicine
- License to practice medicine in the State of New York
- Board Certification in Psychiatry
- Board Certification in Addiction Psychiatry preferred
- Abundant opportunities for supervision of residents and fellows
- Opportunities for formal teaching and clinical research at the Icahn School of Medicine
- Includes an academic appointment at the Icahn School of Medicine at a rank commensurate with experience and qualifications.
About the Mount Sinai Health System:
The Mount Sinai Health System is New York City's largest integrated delivery system, encompassing eight hospitals, a leading medical school, and a vast network of ambulatory practices throughout the greater New York region. Mount Sinai's vision is to produce the safest care, the highest quality, the highest satisfaction, the best access and the best value of any health system in the nation. The Health System includes more than 7,200 primary and specialty care physicians; 13 joint-venture ambulatory surgery centers; more than 400 ambulatory practices throughout the five boroughs of New York City, Westchester, Long Island, and Florida; and 30 affiliated community health centers. The Icahn School of Medicine is one of three medical schools that have earned distinction by multiple indicators: ranked in the top 20 by U.S. News & World Report's "Best Medical Schools", aligned with a U.S. News & World Report's "Honor Roll" Hospital, No. 15 in the nation for National Institutes of Health funding, and among the top 10 most innovative research institutions as ranked by the journal Nature in its Nature Innovation Index. This reflects a special level of excellence in education, clinical practice, and research. The Mount Sinai Hospital is ranked No. 14 on U.S. News & World Report's "Honor Roll" of top U.S. hospitals; it is one of the nation's top 15 hospitals in Cardiology/Heart Surgery, Diabetes/Endocrinology, Gastroenterology/GI Surgery, Geriatrics, Nephrology, and Neurology/Neurosurgery in the 2020-2021 "Best Hospitals" issue. Mount Sinai's Kravis Children's Hospital also is ranked nationally in four out of ten pediatric specialties by U.S. News & World Report. The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai is ranked 11th nationally for Ophthalmology. Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Morningside, and Mount Sinai West are ranked regionally.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Please specify Job Title of interest and send CV with Cover Letter to:
Executive Director Physician Recruitment
Mount Sinai Health System
The Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai/Mount Sinai Hospital is seeking a Psychiatrist with an interest/training in Addiction Psychi...
Apply on company website