There's a Place for You at Mission Health!
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program.
Nursing Unit Supervisor
- Responsible for the coordination of clinical, management, and business activities by providing leadership for the delivery of nursing care of a patient care department.
- Supervises and facilitates the management of clinical nursing practice and patient care delivery.
- Exercises management responsibilities through problem-solving and collaboration, independently and as delegated by Nursing Director or Nursing Manager.
Required Education: Effective 3/1/18 Bachelor of Science in Nursing OR enroll in a BSN or advanced degree program within 6 months AND obtain a BSN within 4 years of hire date into RN position. Previous signed BSN commitment letter OR grandfathering will be accepted between departments and Mission Health entities. Exemptions may be approved with CNO System Council approval.
Preferred Education: Master's in Nursing
Certifications & Licensure:
- Must have and maintain current licensure as registered nurse with the North Carolina Board of Nursing. eNLC (Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact) license may apply, licensee should confirm with NCBON.
- National Nursing Certification in area of specialty within one year of accepting the role.
- Those actively pursuing degree must obtain national certification within 1 year of graduation.
- Certificate: BLS Healthcare Provider
Required Experience: A minimum of 2 years of recent, relevant clinical hospital experience with demonstrated leadership skills.
Preferred Experience: Previous supervisory experience.
About Mission Hospital:
Mission Hospital is Mission Health's flagship hospital and is licensed for 815 beds. We are the regional referral center for tertiary and quaternary care and the region's only Level II trauma center. Mission Hospital also includes Mission Children's Hospital – the region's only children's hospital – providing 30 pediatric sub-specialists.
We're the busiest surgical hospital west of Raleigh, North Carolina, and the second-busiest in the state. Mission Hospital provides the only open heart and interventional cardiology in the region, and is the only Cyberknife provider west of Raleigh.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Mission Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other protected characteristic.
Apply on company website