Intermediate Care (Stepdown) - 7 West - at HCA Mission Hospital
Registered Nurse - Full-Time - Days
***Eligible for $5,000 sign-on bonus for offers accepted by 09/30/2021. Payout is in the first paycheck with a 2 year commitment to Mission Health***
Only new hires eligible for sign-on bonus; prior employees have to be separated from Mission for at least 1 year to be re-eligible for sign-on.
Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At Mission Hospital, our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a Registered Nurse to join our healthcare family.
We are committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At Mission Hospital, our benefits package offers eligible colleagues an attractive package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
* Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
* Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
* 401k retirement plan
* Identify Theft Protection
* Pet Insurance
* Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
* Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
* Tuition reimbursement
* Student loan assistance program
* Employee discount program and lots more!
At Mission Hospital, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurse's path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life – for life – and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our RN Intermediate Care Unit opportunity.
Intermediate Care Unit Profile:
- Medical Stepdown unit with heavy telemetry, handling higher-acuity patients than traditional MedSurg units, designed to take pressure off of ICUs, ED, PACU.
- Beds: 18
- Ratios: 1:3 to 1:4 on days; 1:4 - 1:5 on nights
- Patient population: variety of cardiac, vascular, pulmonary diagnoses such as A-Fib with RVR, CHF, COPD, Sepsis, DKA, Pneumonia and GIB; also pre/post-op for high-acuity surgeries; downgrades from ICUs
- Skills pathways: opportunity for nurses to work with higher-acuity patients with a variety of diagnoses, fresh trach care, patients on drips - building skills that may lead to future careers in ICUs.
Registered Nurses at HCA Mission Hospital:
Provides leadership which facilitates the delivery of professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of patients. Utilizes the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation, to provide, delegate, supervise and document care and teaching of patients and family.
Implements medically prescribed interventions.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing or enroll in a BSN or advanced degree program and obtain a BSN within 5 years of hire date into RN position. Grandfathering will be accepted between departments and Mission Health entities. Exemptions or extensions may be approved by the facility CNO and reported out to the CNO Council members. Each facility will ensure tracking of exemptions should this information be needed. RNs with 10 years or more of experience are exempt.
Certifications & Licensure:
- Must have and maintain current licensure as registered nurse with the North Carolina Board of Nursing. eNLC (Enhanced Nurse License Compact) license may apply, licensee should confirm with NCBON
- BLS Healthcare Provider.
- National Certification in area of specialty preferred
Required Experience: One-year hospital nursing experience is the base requirement for the Registered Nurse role at HCA Mission Hospital. Please see "Preferred Experience" for department-specific needs.
Preferred Experience: prior nursing experience in a stepdown or progressive care unit. Will also consider those with MedSurg experience, willing to train on the higher acuity aspects of the work on this unit.
Mission Hospital, located in Asheville, North Carolina, serves as the regional referral center for tertiary and quaternary care in western North Carolina and the adjoining region. Mission Hospital is licensed for more than 800 beds and houses the region's only dedicated Level II trauma center. It also includes Mission Children's Hospital – the region's only children's hospital. The flagship hospital of Mission Health, Mission Hospital has been consistently ranked as one of the nation's Top 100 Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics. Mission Hospital, a member of Mission Health, is an operating division of HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a
decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions
will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr. HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our
RN Intermediate Care Unit opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website