This position is eligible for a $15K sign on bonus for night shift, with a 2 year commitment to the system.
This position in the Staffing Pool is eligible for a $5/hour premium differential attached to your base rate of pay following your orientation period.
Mission Hospital is committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered care? Submit your application for Registered Nurse Staffing Pool position and spend more time at the bedside with the patient.
At Mission Hospital, we want to ensure we support you through all stages of your life as a nurse. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
* Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
* Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
* 401k retirement plan
* Identify Theft Protection
* Pet Insurance
* Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
* Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
* Tuition reimbursement
* Student loan assistance program
* Employee discount program and lots more!
You contribute to our success, let us contribute to yours! Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at Mission Hospital!
Job Summary and Qualifications
- Provides leadership which facilitates the delivery of professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of patients.
- Utilizes the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation, to provide, delegate, supervise and document care and teaching of patients and family.
- Implements medically prescribed interventions.
What qualifications you will need:
- Required Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing or enroll in a BSN or advanced degree program and obtain a BSN within 5 years of hire date into RN position. Grandfathering will be accepted between departments and Mission Health entities. Exemptions, or extensions, may be approved by the facility CNO and reported out to the CNO Council members. Each facility will ensure tracking of exemptions should this information be needed. RNs with 10 years or more of experience are exempt.
- Preferred Education: Master's in Nursing
- Certifications & Licensure: Must have and maintain current licensure as registered nurse with the North Carolina Board of Nursing. eNLC (Enhanced Nurse License Compact) license may apply, licensee should confirm with NCBON. BLS Healthcare Provider. National Certification in area of specialty
- Required Experience: One year of experience as a Registered Nurse
About the Department:
The staffing pool at Mission Hospital consists of Medical Surgical – Telemetry, Progressive Care, and Critical Care Pools. Registered Nurses will support 12 different medical surgical units, 6 progressive care units, and 5 intensive care units. Opportunities to advance to Progressive Care and Critical Care areas after nine months in Medical Surgical- Telemetry float pool.
Mission Hospital, located in Asheville, North Carolina, serves as the regional referral center for tertiary and quaternary care in western North Carolina and the adjoining region. Mission Hospital is licensed for more than 800 beds and houses the region's only dedicated Level II trauma center. It also includes Mission Children's Hospital – the region's only children's hospital. The flagship hospital of Mission Health, Mission Hospital has been consistently ranked as one of the nation's Top 100 Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics. Mission Hospital, a member of Mission Health, is an operating division of HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare's more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare. Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow." - Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Registered Nurse Staffing Pool opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Current HCA employees and those employed by HCA anytime in the last 1 year are not eligible to receive the sign on bonus
Apply on company website