Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At Mission Hospital we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an) Patient Safety Attendant and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.Benefits
At Mission Hospital we want to ensure we support you through all stages of your life as a nurse. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our Patient Safety Attendant opening and continue to learn!Job Summary and Qualifications
The Patient Safety Attendant (PSA) participates in high-quality, patient-centered care by providing continuous observation and monitoring for high risk patients. In collaboration with the patient care team, the PSA ensures the patient environment is free of obstacles and minimizes risk of falls and accidental or intentional self-harm. The PSA may also assist with basic activities of daily living.
What you will do in this role:
- Maintains a direct line of sight with patient at all times, including while family and/or visitors are in the room.
- Accompanies patient and ensures patient safety during transportation, testing, and procedures occurring away from the patient's normal environment.
- Establishes a safe, risk-free patient environment by utilizing knowledge of fall prevention protocols, infection control measures, and self-harm prevention. Performs room assessment regularly and after any visitations.
- Creates clear, accurate documentation on patient status and activity during the shift.
- Performs other duties as needed when not providing direct patient observation. Assists nursing staff with tasks such as transporting patients, delivering equipment and supplies, transporting specimens, delivering patient trays, answering phones, and assisting visitors.
- Participates as an active member of the health care team and positively promotes the rest of the team to patients/families/caregivers and other colleagues.
- Participates in hospital or departmental performance improvement activities, and seeks opportunities to improve department and inter-department processes.
- Restocks non-medicinal patient room supplies as needed.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS)
Mission Hospital, located in Asheville, North Carolina, serves as the regional tertiary and quaternary care facility for Western North Carolina and the adjoining region. Mission Hospital is licensed for 815 beds and is the region's only Level II trauma center, comprehensive stroke center, Level III neonatal intensive care unit, and includes the only children's hospital in Western North Carolina. Mission Hospital is a Magnet® designated hospital for nursing excellence and is nationally recognized for its quality of care and patient safety.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our Patient Safety Attendant opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website