Medical Telemetry Observation Unit at HCA Mission Hospital
Registered Nurse Supervisor - Full-Time - Days - Stepdown
***Eligible for $5,000 sign-on bonus for offers accepted by 06/30/2021. Payout is in the first paycheck with a 2 year commitment to Mission Health***
Only new hires eligible for sign-on bonus; prior employees have to be separated from Mission for at least 1 year to be re-eligible for sign-on.
Medical Tele Observation Unit Profile:
- Fast-paced stepdown / observation unit handling patients from Emergency Department, transfers from outlying hospitals, primary care referrals
- Beds: 18 - currently 15 stepdown beds, 3 medical beds
- Ratios: 1:4 to 1:5
- Rapid Response and a sister stepdown unit are resources for support
- Patient population: variety of patients: medical, renal, pulmonary, preop for cardiac cath; many patients on telemetry, on a variety of drips (vasoactive, insulin)
- Opportunity to work with higher-acuity patients, conduct higher-level of cardiac monitoring, build time-management skills, use critical thinking, discernment in assessments
- Patients may be discharged to home, or transferred to specialized units within the hospital based on situation
Discover a generous benefits package! Our total rewards package includes but is not limited to:
401k retirement plan, paid time off (PTO), medical, dental and vision insurance, flex spending account options, life and disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, student loan assistance program, employee discount program and employee stock purchase program.
If you're a RN who is ready for the next step into nursing unit leadership, submit your application TODAY and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Nursing Unit Supervisor at HCA Mission Hospital:
Responsible for the coordination of clinical, management, and business activities by providing leadership for the delivery of nursing care of a patient care department.
Supervises and facilitates the management of clinical nursing practice and patient care delivery.
Exercises management responsibilities through problem-solving and collaboration, independently and as delegated by Nursing Director or Nursing Manager.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Effective 3/1/18 Bachelor of Science in Nursing OR enroll in a BSN or advanced degree program within 6 months AND obtain a BSN within 4 years of hire date into RN position. Previous signed BSN commitment letter OR grandfathering will be accepted between departments and Mission Health entities. Exemptions may be approved with CNO System Council approval.
Certifications & Licensure:
- Must have and maintain current licensure as registered nurse with the North Carolina Board of Nursing. eNLC (Enhanced Nurse License Compact) license may apply, licensee should confirm with NCBON
- BLS Healthcare Provider.
- National Certification in area of specialty preferred
Required Experience: A miniumum of 2 years of recent, relevant clinical hospital nursing experience with demonstrated leadership skills. Please see "Preferred Experience" for department-specific needs.
Preferred Experience: Previous supervisory experience; prior nursing experience in a stepdown or progressive care unit. Will also consider those with MedSurg experience.
About Mission Hospital:
Mission Hospital is Mission Health's flagship hospital and is licensed for 815 beds. We are the regional referral center for tertiary and quaternary care and the region's only Level II trauma center. Mission Hospital also includes Mission Children's Hospital – the region's only children's hospital – providing 30 pediatric sub-specialists.
We're the busiest surgical hospital west of Raleigh, North Carolina, and the second-busiest in the state. Mission Hospital provides the only open heart and interventional cardiology in the region, and is the only Cyberknife provider west of Raleigh.
Mission Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other protected characteristic.
Apply on company website