Do you have the career opportunities as a Hospital Laboratory Manager you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Mission Hospital which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.Benefits
Mission Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Hospital Laboratory Manager where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and Qualifications
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Manages day-to-day laboratory technical and non-technical resources and operations to meet organizational and regulatory requirements.
- Organizes operations through the appropriate, delegation of responsibilities and authority in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
- Ensures adequate and qualified staffing for the department through timeliness and consistency of staff hiring, orientation, competency, training, performance feedback and performance management.
- Monitors and evaluates the activities of the staff and provides management, coaching, guidance, delegation opportunities, and on-the-job training and re-training as necessary to ensure operational efficiency and adherence to policies and procedures;
- Develops and recognizes staff through coaching and regular feedback.
- Serves as a role model for employee output and conduct.
- Achieves department goals for service, quality, regulatory compliance, financial, patient satisfaction and personnel management.
- Ensures department proactively responds to feedback from customers and implements improvement mechanisms to enhance the ability of the department to meet customer needs.
- Assures compliance with standards set forth by accrediting agencies: CAP, JCAHO, CLIA, FDA and CMS. Develops and implements policies and procedures and verifies annual review of all policies and procedures.
- Evaluates existing systems ad processes and developes corrective action plans for service/quality issues identifies. Implements changes to drive improvement.
- Monitors department resource utilization, identifies and addresses variances to meet service and fiscal goals.
- Responsible for the ongoing assessment, monitoring and creation of action plans to address all regulatory issues including CAP/TJC/DFS/CMS.
- Implements a communication plan to ensure that department personnel are well informed. Fosters open communication by offering, encouraging, and accepting suggestions from staff regarding department operations
- Baccalaureate Degree in Medical Technology, Biomedical Science, Biology or Chemistry required.
- Master's Degree preferred
- National Certification as a Medical Technologist required
- 3-5 years of Supervisory level experience required
- Hospital clinical laboratory experience preferred
- This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Integrated Regional Labs is a full service provider for clinical laboratory and anatomic pathology services, providing hospitals, physicians, and clients with timely diagnostic information for patient care. Our infrastructure includes a fully automated esoteric core laboratory in Fort Lauderdale, a histology and microbiology operation in Largo, Florida, and a network of hospital based rapid-response laboratories present in four HCA Healthcare divisions within the state of Florida. Our core laboratories support more than 250 acute and rehab hospitals, physician practices, surgery centers and commercial accounts.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Hospital Laboratory Manager opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website