Job Title: Cardholder Protection Supervisor (Card Dispute)
Location: 10325 Meanley Drive
Address Region: San Diego
Postal Code: 92123
Who we are: At Mission Federal Credit Union, we're all about people, not profit. When we say, “Your success is our bottom line,” that refers to how we treat our employees as well as our members.
Why work here? Mission Fed offers an awesome company culture, growth opportunities and GREAT benefits for both part-time and full-time employees, including: medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k match up to 6%, Paid Time Off, 12 paid holidays, company paid life insurance, and much more...
What you'll be doing as a Cardholder Protection Supervisor:
- Assists the AVP in planning, directing, organizing and controlling the operational activities of the department. Provides overrides, approvals and exceptions for employees. Oversees all Cardholder Protection employees. Serves as liaison with branches and departments to resolve issues and problems.
- Identifies process improvements for the department and frontline related to the claims process and makes recommendations for implementation to the AVP or the appropriate functional area. Actively participates or leads process improvement projects to include planning, development, testing, and implementation with the support of the Cardholder Protection Analyst. Prepares information requested for internal and external audit requests and implements changes based on audit recommendations.
- Develops, directs and implements procedures to maintain strong operational controls for all areas of Cardholder Protection to minimize risk and ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Leads staff meetings and leads by example encouraging teamwork, high standards, and work ethics. Keeps the team informed on product enhancements, system changes, rules and regulations and compliance issues. Facilitates training sessions and claim review and status update meetings with the team. Supports management decisions and directions while keeping open, concise communication between staff and management.
- Leads the team on credit and debit card fraud and dispute processing using Symitar and administers roles and report creation within First Track/First Dispute case tracking system.
- Manages and maintains a comprehensive Fraud Mitigation Program to minimize losses through card fraud strategies and chargeback recoveries while maintaining regulatory compliance and member service standards with the support of the Cardholder Protection Analyst.
Who's qualified to be a Cardholder Protection Supervisor?
Education: Associate's Degree or equivalent is required. Two years of equivalent experience can substitute for every one year of education.
Experience: A minimum of 3 years of card claim processing experience to include a minimum of 2 years of supervisory/team lead experience with progressive advancement in responsibilities. Working knowledge of Symitar is preferred. Requires strong written and oral communication skills, analytical skills, and attention to detail. Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and have the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities. Must be highly skilled and experienced in fraud and dispute claim processing, recovery, and loss mitigation.
Software: Experience using a computer with multiple operating systems and a variety of software. Microsoft Office Suite, Symitar, OnBase, FDR, First Track, First Dispute, First Data EASE, Mastercard Connect, Mastercom, STAR Station.
Your privacy is very important to Mission Federal Credit Union. The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires Mission Federal Credit Union to inform California residents, including job applicants, of the categories of personal information we collect and the purpose for which the personal information will be used. This job applicant notice and the COVID-19 notice provides the disclosures required by the CCPA and applies to applicants who are subject to the CCPA. .
Apply on company website