Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) EP Technician Cert with Methodist Hospital Texsan you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!Benefits
Methodist Hospital Texsan, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Methodist Hospital Texsan family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic EP Technician Cert to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!Job Summary and Qualifications
The EP Lab Technician-Certified will function as an integral part of the Cardiac Cath Lab team by participating, implementing, and assisting in the care of patients in the Electrophysiology Laboratory. Demonstrates technical proficiency during all Electrophysiology procedures while functioning in both roles of Electrophysiology Cardiovascular Scrub Technician and Electrophysiology Recorder. As the Recorder, he/she maintains good communication with the patient care team to ensure proper equipment set up, accurate monitoring, and quality data collection
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- High School Graduate / GED
- Registered Radiographer (ARRT), or Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist, or Registered Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialist (RCES) must be obtained within 1 year of employment start date
·As a New hire as of 06/01/2013 you must have ONE of the following:
A. Two (2) years full-time Invasive Cardiovascular Technology experience
B. An Associate Degree or equivalent college hours (62 semester hours) in health, science, natural science, nursing, engineering, or any primary science or higher AND one (1) year (full-time or full-time equivalent) in Invasive Cardiovascular Technology.
C. Baccalaureate degree in health, science, natural science, nursing, engineering, or any primary science AND six (6) months (full-time or fulltime equivalent) in Invasive Cardiovascular Technology.
D. Graduate of an accredited (by CHEA, USDOE, or CMA) program in Invasive Cardiovascular Technology.
E. Graduate of a NON-programmatically accredited program in Invasive Cardiovascular Technology which has a minimum of one (1) year of specialty training and includes a minimum of 800 clinical hours.
· You will complete initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable). Includes specific competency in:
Diagnostic Cardiac Catheterization, Peripheral Angiography, PTCA, Stent implantation, Aspiration/Extraction devices, Distal Embolization Protection devices, PTA and Peripheral Stent implantation, Vascular Closure devices Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump, Temporary Transvenous Pacing, Implantable Defibrillators/Pacemakers all of which can occur on an Elective/ Emergent basis
· As a new hire as of 06/01/2013 you must have ONE of the below listed certifications:
a) RCIS (Registered Cardiac Invasive Specialist) from CCI (Cardiovascular Credentialing International)
b) ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists)
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Methodist Hospital Texsan is a 120 bed acute care hospital. We remain one of South Texas's premier heart and orthopedic hospitals. We are certified in chest pain and heart failure with comprehensive cardiac services. Our orthopedic services, including the Joint Replacement Academy and the Center for Spine, hold some of the best clinical results in the industry. We achieve this by using state-of-the-art technology, such as our robotics program.
Methodist Hospital Texsan is the first hospital in San Antonio to receive the Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval for Chest Pain Certification. We were awarded the Heart Care Center National Distinction of Excellence. This is the highest recognition a hospital can receive. Our ICU was awarded the Silver Beacon Award for Excellence. We are also recognized as a Level IV trauma center. Our 30 bed Inpatient Rehab Unit has received the Rehabilitation Stroke Certification from the Joint Commission. Methodist Hospital Texsan has been deemed one of Modern Healthcare's Best Places to Work in Healthcare for 3 years in a row. We were a recipient of the 2019 Guardian of Excellence Award® by Press Ganey. Join our record setting team today!"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our EP Technician Cert opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website