Here at Methodist Healthcare, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
We offer you a generous benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, disability and life insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discount Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- 401k Matching
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment Program
We are seeking a Nursing Administrator for Methodist Hospital – Specialty & Transplant. The Nursing Administrator provides leadership, consultation, and support for the patient service areas during designated shifts. This position provides administrative continuity to staff, patients, families and visitors while acting as a liaison for the administrator on-call and the Nursing Management team. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
What You Will Do In Your Role:
- Accurately assesses the needs of the Nursing Department and the patients served and facilitates obtaining ancillary services response and/or needed resources in situations affecting the optimal delivery of patient care.
- Participates in and supports the development and actualization of the Department of Nursing's goals. Assists in communicating the philosophy and expectation of the Department of Nursing.
- Serves as a communication liaison between the administrator on-call and nursing management, staff, patients, families, and visitors.
- Provides on-site leadership, direction, and support for the operational management of patient service areas during designated shifts.
- Monitors workload on patient care units and communicates observations to the appropriate shift charge/coordinator, and manager.
- Intervenes and takes appropriate action in situations related to violation of hospital policy or employee injury.
What qualifications you will need:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree program, Associates in Nursing degree program or Nursing Diploma program.
- Three years clinical RN experience
- Three years supervisory/management experience
- Master degree in nursing or related field
- RN with current license to practice professional nursing in Texas
Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant has been nationally recognized for its record setting kidney, liver and pancreas transplant programs. It is home to the Texas Transplant Institute and is the largest living donor kidney transplant program in the US. According to the United Network of Organ Sharing database, the center reached a major milestone in 2019 by performing 231 living donor kidney transplants in a single year setting a new national record - that's 65 more transplants than the second center on the list.
In addition to transplant care, Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant is a full service hospital with over 260 beds that provides specialized services for liver cancer care, emergency care, weight loss surgery, urology surgery, vascular surgery, inpatient rehabilitation, colorectal surgery and behavioral health care. It is a designated Center of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Excellence by the American Society for Bariatric Surgery. Our Sexual Assault Response Team provides a compassionate environment for sexual assault survivors ages 13+, serving as a model for hospitals and agencies all over the world. Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant prides itself on providing the highest quality of patient care possible as proven by their consecutive Grade A scores from the Leapfrog's Hospital Safety Grade survey and ranking in the nation's top quartile for patient experience. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant under Locations.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website