DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Here at Methodist Healthcare, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
We offer you a generous benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, disability and life insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discount Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- 401k Matching
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Sign on bonus
We are seeking a Director of Case Management Methodist Hospital – Metropolitan. The Director of Case Management is responsible for system wide Case Management program development under the direct supervision of the Vice President of Clinical Services for the Methodist Healthcare System. The director is accountable for developing, executing and monitoring tools/processes to support effective Utilization Review, Resource Management and Discharge Planning, while meeting the needs of identified customers to their satisfaction. The director will facilitate continuous quality improvement, addressing areas that my impact the delivery of quality, cost efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
What You Will Do In Your Role:
- Operationalize the MHS model of Case Management at the facility level, taking into account demographic differences, yet still achieving a consistent application of policies/procedures.
- Identify trends of practice, utilization, or reimbursement that my subject the system to financial risk. Together with administration or other ancillary departments develop a plan to reduce or eliminate the risk.
- Establish and maintain an effective communication and reporting process with the Medical staff, administration, nursing & other ancillary departments that will allow them to participate in achieving clinical and financial performance goals.
- Understands, complies with and communicates expected business ethics, state and federal regulatory requirements to department staff. Assure those supervised are compliant with expectations. Facilitates, department preparation for regulatory survey's and compliance.
- Maintains all budgetary duties. Develops annual Case Management budget, identifying operation, capital and salary requirements for each facility. Monitors compliance and addresses variances as appropriate.
- Participates in vendor evaluation and contracting for services not available through MHS.
What qualifications you will need:
- Graduate of an accredited diploma, associates, or baccalaureate degree nursing program.
- Three years administrative case management related experience.
- Must have current RN license to practice professional nursing in the state of Texas. Must have Texas RN license within 90 days of hire.
- Preferred: Bachelor of Science in Nursing; Certification in Case Management.
With over 370 beds Methodist Hospital Metropolitan offers outstanding heart and cancer care, general surgery, neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery, obstetrics and gynecology services, inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services, sleep disorder evaluation and the largest emergency room in downtown San Antonio. Our women's pavilion is the only stand-alone center city facility dedicated to the health of women and their newborn babies, welcoming nearly 4,000 newborns into the world each year. Methodist Hospital Metropolitan is home to the Methodist Weight Loss Center and has been designated an American Society for Metabolic Surgery Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence®.
Our hospital has been recognized by Modern Healthcare as a Best Place to Work in Healthcare, and for the fourth consecutive year as a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation. It is the first hospital in San Antonio to achieve Pathway to Excellence designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Methodist Hospital Metropolitan has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog for focus on safety and quality, receiving a Grade A Hospital Safety Score for 8 consecutive rating periods. We are also proud to be an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the American College of Cardiology and Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission, as well as the first Texas hospital to earn a Gold Seal of Approval for Sepsis Certification. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital Metropolitan under Locations.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website