SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. From the beginning, we've recognized the unique needs of each of our patients. It's a process that we continue to improve on, creating ways to better serve the community when they need us the most. With 981 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, cancer care, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics. As the flagship hospital of the Medical Center and of the Methodist Healthcare system of hospitals, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community having been ranked No. 1 in the Express-News Reader's Choice Awards. We also enjoy being the most preferred hospital in San Antonio, as consistently reported by the Consumer Research Corporation. Methodist Hospital has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog's Hospital Safety Grade A, accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care, and designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital under Locations. In this role you will have the opportunity to support our OR (or CVOR). Key features include: OR
- Largest robotic program nationwide with six da Vinci Xi HD Surgical Robots
- Intraoperative Magnetic Resonance Imaging Suite (IMRIS)
- Largest Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) program in the country in a non-academic setting
- Largest neurosurgery and gynecology programs in South Texas
- Extensive breast reconstructive surgery program to include DIEP flaps and vascularized lymph node transfer
- Growing head and neck oncology surgical services
- Level III Trauma Center
- 22 state of the art OR suites
- 4 state of the art CVOR suites, including a hybrid suite
- Servicing all of South Texas heart transplants
- ECMO program for adults and pediatrics
- Busy TAVR program
- Congenital heart program
- Medical, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discount Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment
- Assessment: Conducts comprehensive and ongoing focused physical, psycho-social, and pain assessments (includes assessment of patient education needs).
- Planning: Utilizes the perioperative assessment, identifies problems, makes nursing diagnoses, formulates goals, teaching plans and outcomes to create an individualized perioperative plan of care.
- Ensures surgical supplies and equipment are available and in good working order.
- Identifies individual patient goals related to the perioperative experience, readiness to learn, and incorporates family into the perioperative plan of care.
- Implementation: Prioritizes and implements a competent, prioritized, and efficient perioperative nursing plan of care.
- Evaluation/Reassessment: Consistently conducts timely evaluations, anticipates and recognizes changes in patient conditions, determines when reassessments are needed, and adjusts the plan of care as necessary. Compares expected and achieved outcomes of nursing care utilizing the perioperative plan of care.
- You should be a graduate of an accredited diploma, associates, or baccalaureate degree nursing program. If you have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or certification in your specialty area you will be considered more highly qualified and eligible for our RN IV position.
- You should possess your RN License to practice as a professional RN in the state of Texas or an Active Multi-State RN Compact License. If you have a Compact License you will be required to obtain a Texas RN License within 90 days of hire.
- You should have a current BLS Certification
- You should have more than 6 months of clinical experience as a licensed RN
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website