We are seeking experienced, energetic RNs to join our ICU Float Pool (Systems Resource). This RN will be asked to float to any of the ICU units throughout Methodist Healthcare in San Antonio and care for our ICU patients. Premium pay, sign on and relocation bonuses, and competitive benefits are being offered!
ICU Systems float pool requires:
- At least 2 years of ICU, MICU , CVICU, SICU experience
- ICU experience is a MUST
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our RN System Resource Pool opening with Methodist Healthcare System today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
At Methodist Healthcare System, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K(100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
We are seeking a(an) RN System Resource Pool for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Seeking an RN Systems Resource Pool who will utilize the nursing process to independently deliver nursing care to patients in order to achieve quality outcomes and communicates need for guidance/supervision based on self-assessment of strengths and limitations. Promotes a positive image of nursing and promotes collegiality among healthcare team members. System Resource Pool RNs are scheduled in accordance with the Staffing and Scheduling- Nursing, RN Floating - Healthy Workplace Environment (HWE) and Attendance policies. Requirements of RN unit based, facility based, or system based pools are based on which pool they are in. Resource and Non-RN Resource Pool RN's are required to work the following:
Hours per Pay Period:
Tier II (PRN): Minimum of 36 hours, including one weekend shift.
Tier III (PRN): Minimum of 48 hours, including one weekend shift.
Tier IV (FT): Minimum of 72 hours, including one weekend shift.
Non-RN Resource Pool Staff: Minimum of 36 hours, including one weekend shift required.
Tier II (PRN): 1 Major & 1 minor holiday annually.
Tier III (PRN): 1 Major & 1 minor holiday annually.
Tier IV (FT): 1 Major & 2 minor holidays annually.
Non-RN Resource Pool Staff: 1 Major & 1 minor holiday annually.
System Resource Pool employees will be required to float to all Methodist Healthcare System Facilities. System Resource Nurses will be scheduled in units in which they have competencies. System Resource Nurse can be placed in a unit below their competency level with a modified assignment.
What you will do in this role:
1. Identifies and individualizes patient goals. Compares expected and achieved outcomes of nursing care utilizing the POC consistent with the patient's status, and then formulates, individualizes, and modifies patient plan of care.
2. Completes assessments of patient's/significant others' response to illness, the use of coping mechanisms and emotional needs, and incorporates family/ significant other into plan of care and reflects the plan of care is individualized for each patient.
3. Identifies and completes assessments of patient/ significant other educational needs. Develops and helps implement teaching plan. Provides education consistent with patient's level of understanding using existing resources for patient/ significant others.
4. Administers medications and treatments safely. Recognizes and reports errors and unusual occurrences. Analyzes and identifies precipitating factors.
5. Recognizes and responds to crisis situations. Notifies appropriate individuals of actual or impending crisis.
6. Reports and documents patient's symptoms, responses, and progress. Interventions are appropriate to patient's symptoms, responses, and progress.
What qualifications you will need:
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
RN License to practice as a professional registered nursing in the state of Texas or Active Multi-State RN Compact License. (Employees with RN Compact License are required to obtain Texas RN License within 90 days of hire date.)
BLS Certification requirerd as well as certifications based on Skillset or units
2. Preferred: ACLS
Methodist Healthcare is recognized as the most respected and preferred healthcare provider in the South Texas region. As San Antonio's second largest private employer, we employ more than 11,000 individuals, including 2,700 physicians in all specialties. Methodist Healthcare is a 50-50 co-ownership between Methodist Healthcare Ministries of South Texas, Inc. and HCA Healthcare. Since 1963, our commitment has never wavered in consistently improving the health and wellness of our community by “Serving Humanity to Honor God.”
Our network of greater San Antonio hospitals includes nine acute care facilities: Methodist Hospital, Methodist Children's Hospital, Methodist Hospital Ambulatory Surgery, Methodist Hospital Metropolitan, Methodist Hospital Northeast, Methodist Hospital South, Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant, Methodist Hospital Stone Oak and Methodist Hospital Texsan. We also offer 4 freestanding emergency centers in Boerne, Converse, Westover Hills, and the Quarry. At each of our facilities, we offer an outstanding selection of doctors, healthcare professionals, equipment and health services from wellness events to transplant services, pediatrics, dermatology, cardiology, oncology and a complete range of other medical services. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com.
"Across HCA Healthcare's more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our RN System Resource Pool opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website