Job Description & Requirements
Internal Medicine Residency Program Director in South Carolina
Lexington Medical Center, a regionally ranked, high-performing hospital in Columbia, SC, seeks an experienced clinician to develop and lead a new Internal Medicine Residency Program. The incoming physician will serve as the Founding Internal Medicine Residency Program Director to help shape the future direction of a vital residency program and help guide the development of additional residencies. Candidates must be graduates of an accredited allopathic or osteopathic medical school, have completed an internal medicine residency program, and have board certification in internal medicine (ABIM/AOBIM).
- Put your mark on an inaugural program - Use your experience in Graduate Medical Education and as faculty to help found an internal medicine residency that will foster a legacy of strong primary care providers in Columbia and surrounding South Carolina communities
- Take advantage of the brand new $20 million facility that will leverage the latest and greatest technology and equipment for teaching and training residents
- Fellowship-trained specialists who have the desire to lead an internal medicine residency are encouraged to apply
- Take your next career step - Join a leadership team that has launched successful residency programs and has a successful framework already in place
- Ample administrative and leadership time with excellent support to get the program up and running smoothly
- Educate the next generation of primary care physicians in a patient-centered environment
- Lexington Medical Center is a high-performing hospital in 11 procedures, regionally ranked No. 1 in Columbia, and No. 2 in South Carolina (US News & World Report)
A growing Southeast state capital undergoing extensive downtown revitalization and abundant cultural activity, Columbia, South Carolina, provides residents with a small-town feel with big-city amenities.
- Columbia, SC, is rated one of the nation's Best Places (US News & World Report)
- Overall grade of A and a best place to live in South Carolina (Niche)
- Weekly festivals, art exhibitions, concerts, and markets
- A terrific culinary scene with dining choices ranging from exquisite fine dining with locally-sourced ingredients and elaborate presentations to burgers and beer and everything in between
- Enjoy the temperate Southeast climate and mild winters
- Affordable cost of living is 15% below the national average
- About 2 hours to beautiful South Carolina beaches and easy access to Charlotte, Atlanta, Asheville, and Greenville
- Home to the University of South Carolina and SEC athletics
About the Company
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nations leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Internal Medicine, Internist, Internal Medicine, Internal Care, Physician, Healthcare, Health Care, Patient Care, Hospital, Medical, Doctor, Md
Apply on company website