Job Description & Requirements
Division Director, Women's Health Pathology in Alabama
Merritt Hawkins has partnered with theDepartmentofPathologyat theUniversityofAlabama atBirmingham(UAB) to conduct a nationwide search for theInaugural Director of the Division of Womens Health. We invite applications fromqualified candidates at an open rank for a full-time, tenure earning/tenured position through the Department of Pathology, Schoolof Medicine.
Candidates should have an MD,DO, or MD PhD, board certification in Anatomic Pathology, and be eligiblefor a license to practice medicine in Alabama. Subspecialty expertise in breast and/or gynecologicalpathologyis required.
- The successful candidatewillleadthenewlyestablisheddivisionthat encompasses all service, teaching, and research activities in breast and gynecological pathology.
- The University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) is an outstanding tertiary care institution currently processing over 60,000 surgical pathology specimens per year. The massive service area includes a Tri-State region including parts of Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, and parts of Georgia.
- The Anatomic Pathology faculty in the department include a diverse group of 25 faculty members with expertise encompassing the entire spectrum of subspecialty areas.
- Faculty are noted for multidisciplinary, academic productivity, and national leadership. A strong diverse research portfolio in translational investigations is conducted by the faculty along with a quality teaching program.
- This is an exciting opportunity for an academic leader in GYN and/or Breast Pathology to develop the newly formed Division of Womens Health Pathology at UAB.
- UAB is a highly ranked NIH-funded institution and provides a rich environment to develop basic science, clinical, and translational research.
- Excellent opportunity to collaborate with new leadership at the O'Neal Comprehensive Cancer Center and lead the effort to push women's health into the future by collaborating with a group of nationally recognized physician-scientists.
- UAB is one of an elite group of NCI-designated comprehensive cancer centers in the United States with four SPORE programs for brain, breast, and pancreatic cancers and a shared grant with Johns Hopkins for cervical cancer.
- This top 25 cancer program enjoys a favorable financial position and is under superb executive leadership.
- The successful candidate will receive a competitive financial package and potential endowment support for their research interests.
Community Highlights Live and Work in Birmingham, Alabama
Bursting with Southern charm and hospitality, Birmingham is a diverse city rich in culture, offers a small-town feel, and is a close-knit community that will let you feel at home as soon as you arrive. With various events throughout the year and tremendous opportunities for families and individuals alike, our city has something for everyone.
- Benefit from affordable housing options in charming neighborhoods and a cost of living nearly 26% lower than the national average
- Experience four distinct seasons, allowing for a variety of outdoor recreation and top-notch shops and restaurants throughout the city
- Enjoy convenient access to the mountains, the Gulf Coast, and Atlanta and its many amenitiesincluding an international airport, live entertainment, and professional sporting events
- U.S. Newsranks Alabama in the top 20 Best States for Affordability
This is a rare opportunity to push Women's Health into the future with the support of a top medical school and cancer center rich in resources with some of the leading pathologists in the US. This is your opportunity to place your professional stamp on a newly formed Division of Women's Health Pathology.
ForadditionalinformationabouttheDepartmentofPathology,pleasevisit http://uab.edu/medicine/pathologyand http://uab.edu/homefor the University of Alabama.
About the Company
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nations leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Anatomic, Anatomic Pathology, Anatomic Pathologist, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology, Clinical, Clinical Pathology, Clinical Pathologist, Pathology Lab, Pathology, Laboratory, Cytologic, Pathology, Healthcare, Health Care, Medical, Medical Technology, Patient Care
Apply on company website