We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
At Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals – careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart. Join us and discover why Modern Healthcare Magazine named us in its “Top 100 Places to Work.”
Under the direction of the Ministry VP, Patient Experience and assigned executive sponsor(s), the Patient Experience Standards Partner is responsible for standardization, enablement, training and auditing of behavioral service standards for the Clinics across Mercy. The individual in this role will develop trusted relationships with the operational leaders within these care settings to understand, appreciate and collaborate around operational improvement strategy. Using operational and voice of the customer insight and direct process and behavioral observations they will partner to design and implement behavioral standards and metrics to achieve top decile performance in patient experience.
Exemplifies and demonstrates the Mercy values and charism and actively models Mercy's leadership competencies and service standards in daily work. Performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission, values, and Mercy Service Standards.
- High School Diploma
- 3+ years direct experience in an operational or clinical role within the Clinics.
- Deep understanding of healthcare operations and regulatory requirements related to quality, service and associated value measures in the Clinics.
- Excellent communication skills including a high degree of professionalism and personal presence in both verbal and written form.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgement, ability to handle daily work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to handle conflict and respond in an empathetic, tolerant and flexible manner in stressful situations.
- Ability and comfort in producing and presenting information to various groups from executive leaders to front line coworkers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational skills, able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Responsive to customer needs, being present to understand concerns and complete in researching root cause and solutions.
- Excellent grammar, verbal articulation and composition skills.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Healthcare, Business, Management, Clinical Discipline, Hospitality or related.
- Experience bringing a diverse mix of people and roles through collaborative decision making and to consensus.
- Understanding of data analysis and statistical inference techniques
- Lean process improvement & project management training.
- Certificate in Patient Experience Leadership/Advocacy – Beryl Institute
- Certified Patient Experience Professional (CPXP)
- AIM or similar Change Management certification.
We Offer Great Benefits:
Day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds are just a few of the great benefits offered to eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
We're bringing to life a healing ministry through compassionate care.
At Mercy, our supportive community will be behind you every step of your day, especially the tough ones. You will have opportunities to pioneer new models of care and transform the health care experience through advanced technology and innovative procedures. We're expanding to help our communities grow. Join us and be a part of it all.
What Makes You a Good Match for Mercy?
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and unafraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.
Apply on company website