We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
At Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals – careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart. Join us and discover why Modern Healthcare Magazine named us in its “Top 100 Places to Work.”
Under the supervision of the CT Supervisor and the Radiologist, performs CT examinations. The Computed Tomography (CT) Technologist uses specialized computerized x-ray equipment to produce cross sectional images of the human anatomy. The CT Tech should have a personable demeanor and a strong understanding of anatomy and computerized tomography. The CT Technologist will prepare patients for procedures by providing clear instructions and answering questions to reduce anxiety. The CT Technologist is responsible for providing and applying principles of radiation protection during exams, patient services, and continuous quality improvement.
$5,000 SIGN-ON BONUS
- Education: Satisfactory completion of formal Radiologic Technology training in an AMA approved school and meets the requirements for registry by ARRT.
- Licensure:Registered with the ARRT in Radiography and CT.
- Experience: Prefer 1 year of experience in CT.
- Certifications: Must have American Heart Association Healthcare Provider card or complete a course within a probation period.
- Other:Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities: Technical skill in Medical Scanning, understanding of cross-sectional anatomy, 3-D knowledge, computer skills (PACS, HIS/RIS, QC, workstations), power injectors, and CPR. Working Conditions, Mental and Physical Requirements: This individual must be capable of: manipulating equipment, evaluate and select proper exposure factors, evaluate images, lifting, moving, and transporting patients, continual standing and walking, adapt to stressful and emergent situations, and have good communication skills. Equipment Used: This individual must be proficient in the use of CT Scanners, power injectors, workstations, and computers.
We Offer Great Benefits:
Day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds are just a few of the great benefits offered to eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
We're bringing to life a healing ministry through compassionate care.
At Mercy, our supportive community will be behind you every step of your day, especially the tough ones. You will have opportunities to pioneer new models of care and transform the health care experience through advanced technology and innovative procedures. We're expanding to help our communities grow. Join us and be a part of it all.
What Makes You a Good Match for Mercy?
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and unafraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.
CT Technologist, Radiology, Computed Tomography, CT, radiologist, computerized tomgraphy, radiologic Technology, ARRT
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
Apply on company website