DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Certified Pharmacy Technician.
At Memorial Satilla Health, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Forgiveness
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
The Certified Pharmacy Technician promotes teamwork with pharmacists and all health care providers, promoting internal and external customer satisfaction, and strives for appropriate resource management. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do.What you will do in this role:
- You will be assisting the Pharmacists in preparing and distributing drugs, maintaining the drug inventory and medical records.
- You will comply with facility policy and procedures, along with regulatory requirements.
- You will be responsible for maintaining medication storage and security as per regulatory requirements throughout the organization.
- You will perform quality control and performance improvement functions as assigned.
- You will accurately and safely compound and label medications and parenteral admixtures.
- You will always obtain a final check from the pharmacist before releasing any prepared parenteral compounds, packaging any medication, or dispensing any medication.
- You will prepare all work records needed for the day at their designated times including the discontinued, transfers, and discharge lists of parenteral preparations and efficiently process these reports before they are dispensed to the patient care areas.
- You will accurately transport medications and other pharmacy supplies in a timely manner to appropriate areas.
- You will receive and check in medication/supply orders as defined in policy and notify the pharmacy inventory manager of any shortages, overages or damages of product.
- You will manage drug supplies in a cost-effective manner and identify opportunities to minimize waste.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required
- An active Registered Pharmacy Technician license in the state which you practice, in accordance with law and regulation is required
- A national certification (CPhT) is required
- Previous hospital pharmacy experience is preferred
Memorial Satilla Health is a 200 plus bed, full-service, acute care medical center that has been providing high-quality medical care to the greater Waycross community and southeast Georgia region for more than 60 years. The facility, in the HCA Healthcare South Atlantic Division, attributes its success to the team effort that is focused on caring for you and your family. Memorial Satilla Health employs a staff of over 600 employees and more than 300 physicians who work hard every day to combine safe, quality medical care and advanced technology with compassion and understanding. Key specialty services include Cardiac, Orthopedic, Surgical, Rehabilitation, Sleep and Birthing Centers. Additionally, Memorial Satilla Health treats more than 45,000 emergencies each year and has an extensive Behavioral Health program.
Waycross, GA, and its neighboring town of Blackshear, GA, collectively offer excellent public schools, an active art and theater group, several golf courses, and an excellent array of hiking, fishing, camping and boating. With many large tracts of land available, excellent housing, and low real estate costs, our locale is the perfect place for families.
HCA Healthcare has been consecutively named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere Institute since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website