DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
At HCA Healthcare, we are all caregivers. Your ability to make a difference with our patients is at the foundation of all that we do. For over 50 years, HCA has been committed to our patients and to our employees. If you are interested in joining a team where patient focus is number one, apply now!
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our Post-Surgical team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
At HCA, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, and flex spending accounts for medical and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
The Post-Surgical unit consists of 22 beds located on the 2nd floor at Memorial Hospital of Tampa with a patient population consisting primarily of post-surgical orthopedic and general surgery patients.
- Number of Staff: 47
- Bed count: 22
- Types of Cases Commonly Seen: Bariatric, Orthopedic, Pelvic Floor
- Approximate Number of Patients Annually: 5035
- RN to patient ratio: 1:6
- Skill Mix: Registered Nurses and CNA
- Major Equipment Used: Walkers, Game Ready machines, Bladder ultrasound
- Schedules: 12-hour shifts, rotating weekends and holidays
- Dress code: Scrubs (individual provides their own)
- Complete computerized charting ("Electronic Health Record") for patient assessment and care documentation via Meditech
- Electronic medication administration record (eMAR) is used for the delivery of all medications provided to patients and has significantly reduced errors associated with the administration of medication hospital-wide
The Post-Surgical Registered Nurse, under the direction of Unit Director/Charge Clinical Coordinator, is responsible and accountable for patient assessment and evaluation and delivery of patient care through the utilization of the nursing process in accordance with physicians' orders, established policies and procedures, established professional standards, and administrative hospital-wide policies.
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Memorial Hospital of Tampa, 183 beds, has been providing comprehensive healthcare services for residents of south Tampa for more than 40 years.Recent renovations and the addition of state-of-the-art technology has kept the hospital modernized to provide high-quality medical care, including emergency medicine, diagnostic procedures, surgery, outpatient therapies and acute care for hospitalized patients. With a high caliber medical staff and a team of caring, skilled employees, it's no wonder Memorial Hospital has a long-standing reputation for excellence.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified, you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- BSN required or obtained within 6 months of hire
- Minimum 1 year RN experience in an acute care setting preferred.
- Current Florida State Registered Nurse license.
- Current American Red Cross or American Heart Association Healthcare Provider (BLS & ACLS certifications).
- CMSRN or Orthopedic preferred; required within 6 months of eligibility.
- Lifting 50 lbs maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website