SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Paramedic. This is a PRN position.
At Memorial, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our Emergency team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
As a Paramedic in the Emergency Department, you will work responsibly as a medical assistant performing care for patients in accordance with physician's orders, policies, procedures, established standards of care. You will provide direct and indirect patient care while adhering to the philosophy and objectives of the hospital in order to meet the healthcare needs of patients and their family.
What you will do in this role:
- You will be responsible for implementing technical procedures and conducting examinations on patients safely and effectively.
- You will interact with the public and the medical staff. The ability to communicate information effectively is essential.
- You will be able to retrieve and document information in the system. Written, telephone, and manual dexterity skills are required.
QualificationsWhat Qualifications you will need:
- You must have a current Paramedic license in this state.
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Current ACLS (ALS) and BLS certifications issued by the American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
Now celebrating over 50 years of service - Memorial Hospital Jacksonville, a facility of HCA Healthcare - South Atlantic Division, has built a strong tradition of providing quality healthcare to Northeast Florida and surrounding areas. Memorial Hospital Jacksonville is a 400+ bed, acute care hospital offering a full line of services, including 24-hour emergency care at four different locations.We feature:
- an accredited Chest Pain Center
- Certified Stroke Center
- Dedicated Heart Center
- State of the art Spine Clinic
- Special Beginnings – the Memorial Hospital maternity center
Fully accredited by the Joint Commission of Accreditation (JCA), Memorial Hospital Jacksonville is known as a leader in innovative healthcare with a reputation maintained through our excellent staff, along with technological advances, growth and expansion to meet the ongoing needs of our community.
Memorial Hospital Jacksonville is also a Certified Level II Trauma Center, which means we provide a higher level of care for the most critically injured patients. It also means our standards and performance are regularly reviewed by the Florida Department of Health.
HCA Healthcare, the parent company of Memorial Hospital Jacksonville, has been consecutively named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere Institute since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
We are a family 270,000 strong! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website