SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have the career opportunities as an EEG Technologist you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Memorial Hospital Jacksonville, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are seeking a PRN EEG Tech.
As a PRN employee you'll enjoy:
Flexible scheduling Competitive pay 401(k) with employer match Employee Stock Purchase Program Additionally, you will have a great opportunity for growth as you'll be joining one of the largest and most successful hospital organizations in the world.
The EEG Technician works under the direction of the EEG/Cardiopulmonary Director and performs various EEG tests including standard EEG, Electrocerebral Inactivity, Neonatal EEG and other neurological tests such as Evoked Potentials and assists in Nerve Conduction Studies. The EEG Tech should have a sound knowledge and proficiency in the use of all Neuro-Diagnostic equipment. The EEG Tech monitors patients aged from neonatal to geriatric throughout the test and documents observations, collects data from various monitors and reports this information to the physician.
What you will do in this role:
* You will explain the test to the patient. You will obtain an accurate and concise patient history. You will note patient information, such as seizure types, date of last seizure, other neurologic symptoms, and any medications taken.
* You will demonstrate positive interpersonal skills with patients, patient's family, Neuro-Diagnostic staff, Laboratory staff, physicians and other members of the hospital staff. You will interact with Neurologists, other physicians, and other staff personnel.
* You will measure and apply EEG electrodes in an accurate and efficient manner.
* You will calibrate, evaluate and adjust the EEG instrument to proper technical standards as required. You will put emphasis on sensitivity, time axis, mechanical and electrical baseline in order to obtain top quality EEG recordings.
* You will record EEG activity using standard montages. Labels all pertinent machine settings and clinical observations on the EEG tracing.
* You will clean electrodes and equipment. You will maintain work area in an organized, safe and sanitary fashion by cleaning the patient area and by changing the linen for the next patient.
* A High School Graduate or GED equivalent is required
* Degree from accredited Electro-Diagnostic Technology program is preferred
* A Registered Electroencephalographic Technologist Certification is preferred
* Current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required upon hire
* 1-3 years EEG experience is preferred
Now celebrating over 50 years of service - Memorial Hospital Jacksonville, a facility of HCA Healthcare - South Atlantic Division, has built a strong tradition of providing quality healthcare to Northeast Florida and surrounding areas. Memorial Hospital Jacksonville is a 400+ bed, acute care hospital offering a full line of services, including 24-hour emergency care at four different locations.
* an accredited Chest Pain Center * Certified Stroke Center * Dedicated Heart Center * State of the art Spine Clinic * Special Beginnings – the Memorial Hospital maternity center
Fully accredited by the Joint Commission of Accreditation (JCA), Memorial Hospital Jacksonville is known as a leader in innovative healthcare with a reputation maintained through our excellent staff, along with technological advances, growth and expansion to meet the ongoing needs of our community. Memorial Hospital Jacksonville is also a Certified Level II Trauma Center, which means we provide a higher level of care for the most critically injured patients. It also means our standards and performance are regularly reviewed by the Florida Department of Health.
HCA Healthcare, the parent company of Memorial Hospital Jacksonville, has been consecutively named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere Institute since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our EEG Technologist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website