DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Patient Care Tech.
At Memorial Health, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Repayment
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our department team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
As a PCT in our department, you will deliver high-quality, patient-centered care by performing a variety of important patient care services related to common nursing functions and activities of daily listing. Under supervision of the RN, you will assist the nursing staff in providing patient care with your skills and training and in accordance with the needs of our department. The Patient Care Technician will consistently assist the patient care team by maintaining a clean, well-organized and safe patient care environment.
What you will do in this role:
- You will participate in the implementation of nursing care plans by performing direct and indirect patient care under supervision of the licensed nurse.
- You will promote consistent, positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service.
- You will demonstrate caring and empathy in all interactions, while advocating for patient- and family- centered approach in all decisions and actions.
- You will demonstrate excellent communication skills, including active listening to ensure patients, physicians and colleagues have a clear understanding of all pertinent information.
What qualifications you will need:
- Licensed as a CNA in this state OR be currently enrolled in a nursing program at an accredited school, having completed the Fundamentals of Nursing Course.
- A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required.
- 1 year of acute/hospital experience is preferred.
In 2018, Memorial Health University Medical Center affiliated with HCA Healthcare (South Atlantic Division), one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services. HCA Healthcare has formed its mission and values to be patient-centered and for the good of all people, no matter the circumstance: Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. HCA has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere Institute since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Memorial Health University Medical Center (MHUMC) is a 640+ bed hospital in the beautiful, southern city of Savannah, Georgia. The facility opened its doors in 1955 and has evolved into the most advanced healthcare provider in the region employing over 3,500 colleagues.
Memorial Health University Medical Center serves as a regional referral center for heart care, cancer care, trauma care, children's care, high-risk pregnancies and high-risk newborn care. Our hospital includes the region's only Level 1 Trauma Center, the region's only Children's Hospital and the Savannah campus of Mercer University School of Medicine. We proudly serve 35 counties across southeast Georgia and southern South Carolina.
Memorial Health University Medical Center is always looking to grow and further advance in the healthcare industry, earning local, regional, national recognition of excellence. MHUMC uses its vast clinical knowledge, innovative operating strategies, scale and stability to transform healthcare and help our community thrive. Our goal is to create a new standard for excellence that will not only serve our current patients but also change the future of medicine.
We are a family 270,000 strong! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website