DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
At Medical City Plano, we care like family.
Just as a family does, we pull together to care for, support, and celebrate with patients and each other. Are you looking for an employer with many different career options and a people-focused culture? You've come to the right place.
Cardiac Stepdown Registered Nurse – Seasonal PRN Status with a Full-time Schedule Day Shift 7A – 7P
Applying the standards set forth for nursing practice by the American Nurses Association (ANA), the Neuro Progressive Care RN will organize, modify, evaluate, document and maintain the plan of care for Intermediate Care Neuro patients.
- Plan, implement, revise and delegate nursing care
- Perform necessary technical skills as delineated through education, expertise, and unit requirements
- Incorporate teaching into all aspects of nursing practice
Our Cardiac Stepdown Registered Nurses raise the bar by providing clinical expertise and the highest quality care, in the most compassionate way. Our busy 39-bed intermediate care unit is comprised of a high functioning team oriented group of caring clinical nursing professionals with high morale that work well together, providing care for a variety of stepdown patients including cardiac procedures, interventional and surgical cases. Unlock the possibilities in your nursing career by joining a team that cares like family.
SEASONAL STAFF PROGRAM [Runs through March 26, 2022]
Must have at least two (2) years acute care RN experience in the area of specialty – PCU/Stepdown
Pay Rate: $62/hour
A completion bonus of $4000 to be paid after the successful completion of 16 consecutive weeks of employment while meeting all shift requirements during that time period. Only one (1) completion bonus will be paid per 36-week season.
• All Seasonal RNs are required to work a minimum of 72 hours per pay period during the seasonal period.
• Within a close geography, you may be asked to float to another faccility that has an emergent staffing need.
• Four (4) weekend shifts are required each 4-week period.
• During the course of the 16 week period, the employee is required to work two (2) holiday shifts (defined by Department Manager or designee).
• Seasonal Staff are PRN status employees and are subject to first call-off. There is no guarantee of hours by the hospital.
• Seasonal Staff will not be eligible for benefits, except 401(k) and retirememt contribution per the PRN policy.
• All seasonal RNs will have one opportunity to pass the clinical competency evaluation.
• Current FT, PT and PRN Level 3 employees are not eligible to join the Seasonal program for 2021-2022.
• Shifts may vary based on the needs of the department.
Medical City Plano is a full-service, Magnet-designated 600+ bed acute care hospital with more than 2,070 employees. As part of HCA Healthcare, we have the resources and clinical expertise necessary to provide exceptional care. Our services include a Level 1 Trauma Center, comprehensive cancer treatment, advanced surgery including robotic and minimally invasive, orthopedics, heart and vascular care, and complete women's and children's services, including a high-risk antepartum unit and a Level 3 NICU.
What you need to be successful:
- ADN required / BSN preferred
- Texas RN license or compact license is accepted
- Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) for Healthcare Providers issued by either the American Heart Association or American Red Cross
- Must have at least two (2) years PCU/Stepdown/Intermediate Care RN experience in an acute care hospital
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website