SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Pharmacy Technician - PRN (As Needed)Location: Medical City Plano Hospital Medical City Plano is a full-service, 493-bed acute care hospital with more than 1,600 employees and over 1,000 physicians on staff, representing over 70 specialties and subspecialties. The medical staff at Medical City Plano is a diverse group of experienced professionals. They are dedicated and committed to using new technologies and keeping up-to-date on recent advancements in health care. Every member of our staff - including nurses, radiologists, therapists, pharmacists, support staff, management and administration - is focused on the health and comfort of every patient who comes through our doors. Pharmacy Technician Job Summary: The Pharmacy Technician II is responsible for accurately performing all advanced and basic pharmacy technician functions in a timely manner. In addition, they may be responsible for performing duties associated with Automated Dispensing Cabinets (ADCs) and other specialized duties as assigned by the pharmacy management team.
- Identifies critical issues, prioritize workload and communicate to appropriate personnel any issues in a timely manner.
- Completes all education requirements and/or other activities needed to maintain competency Interacts in person and by phone with hospital personnel politely and appropriately. Accurately maintains required documentation logs.
- Complies with facility policy and procedures and regulatory requirements
- Responsible for maintaining medication storage and security as per regulatory requirements throughout the organization.
- Accurately performs audits (i.e. anesthesia, overrides, billing, etc.) as assigned.
- Performs quality control and performance improvement functions as assigned.
- Accurately performs and documents monthly medication storage area inspections as assigned.
- Performs administrative billing functions.
- Completes OR charges in a timely manner as assigned.
- Assists the pharmacists in clinical reviews as assigned (i.e. medication reconciliation, triaging reports, etc.). Accurately performs required calculations.
- Accurately and safely compounds and label medications and parenteral admixtures.
- Always utilizes aseptic techniques in the preparation of parenteral compounding.
- Compliant with all USP 797 daily/monthly requirements (i.e. Cleaning laminar airflow cabinets and biological safety cabinets, wearing personal protective equipment, etc.).
- Always obtains a final check from the pharmacist before releasing any prepared parenteral compounds, before packaging any medication, or dispensing any medication.
- Prepares all work records needed for day at their designated times including the Discontinued, Transfers, and Discharges Lists of parenteral preparations and efficiently processes these reports before they are dispensed to the patient care areas.
- Compounds chemotherapy preparation per established protocol.
- Accurately transports medications and other pharmacy supplies in a timely manner to appropriate areas.
- Accurately fills orders in the pharmacy.
- Process medication returns and restocking to the pharmacy.
- Proficient in automated dispensing systems.
- Performing daily ADC routines as assigned (i.e. restocks, outdates, discrepancy resolution, loading and unloading, etc.).
- Troubleshoots ADC issues. (i.e. orders not coming across, drawer failures, medication jams, communication failures, etc.).
- Able to reconfigure Automated Dispensing Cabinets (ADC). Able to perform ADC build and set up functions.
- Under direction will adjust medication Min & Max.
- Utilizes the Medications Not Loaded report to load appropriate Medications in ADC Under direction will perform ADC expiration Audits.
- Narcotic Discrepancy Audits – Investigates Discrepancies to determine if true discrepancy and completes Audit sheets and/or incidence reports as appropriate.
- Replenishes ADCs, emergency cart trays and floor stock accurately and as needed Monitor ADT activities and communicate any problems to appropriate individual Accurately packages and prepares medications for dispensing as assigned.
- Appropriately and timely notifies the pharmacy inventory manager of products that need to be reordered. Complies with ongoing processes to monitor outdates as per policy and procedures.
- Performs receiving and check in of medication/supply orders as defined in policy and notifies the pharmacy inventory manager of any shortages, overages or product damage.
- Manages drug supplies in a cost effective manner and identifies opportunities to minimize waste. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Practice and adhere to the “ Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”.
Pharmacy Technician Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- National Certification (CPhT) required.
- Active Registered Pharmacy Technician, as per state requirements, in good standing with the appropriate State Board of Pharmacy.
- ACPE-accredited I.V. certification preferred.
- 1 year of hospital experience preferred.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website