DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Director Diagnostic Imaging Medical City North Hills
Plans, directs, and supervises all technical aspects of the departments of Radiology, Nuclear Medicine, CT Scan and Ultrasound in regards to services, programs and evaluation of such programs. Recommends and suggests to the radiologists possible equipment modification, new equipment, purchases and essential construction within these departments. Assists in planning the budgets and the development of department policies and procedures. Is directly responsible for the maintenance of the existing equipment and such contractual services as may be required. A coordinate departmental purchasing and is responsible for stock levels, storage, and utilization of the same. The North Hills Hospital staff member can expect to care for adult patients, including the older adult through geriatric, and pediatric patients from newborn through adolescence. The attached criteria based performance evaluation provides a specific set of standards as they relate to age specific competency.
- Demonstrates knowledge of all general radiology exams protocols for specific exams.
- Demonstrates knowledge of exam preparations and patient instructions.
- Utilizes radiation protection methods consistently and uses shielding as necessary.
- Obtains and examines the procedure request for all necessary information for completion
- Follows proper guidelines for image identification with film markers
- Responds to changes in the work schedule as necessary and show flexibility in job performance
- Demonstrates competence in positioning, knowledge of exposure factors, restraint methods and routine imaging procedures
- Demonstrates good judgment by following written and verbal instructions carefully
- Assists physician as necessary for all invasive procedures to provide best patient care
- Communicates necessary skill to interpret age specific treatment
- Demonstrates ability to modify techniques to assess physical, psychosocial and education needs
- Capable to assist other staff in code needs per protocol
Medical City North Hills is licensed for 164 beds, has over 300 physicians and 30 medical specialties. The ER has about 39,000 visits each year and is a Level III Trauma Center. We are also a Primary Stroke Center, perform Spine Surgery, and have a comprehensive Cardiovascular Services department. We are an accredited Cycle 5 Chest Pain Center with a Cardiac Rehabilitation program as well as have a Total Joint Replacement Program.Benefits: We are proud to offer:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment Options
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Discounted tickets at many local attractions
- Discounts to various retail stores and more….
A. Graduate of a radiological technology program.
B. Must be ARRT registered.
A. Minimum of five (5) years previous management experience required.
B. Ability to communicate well.
3. Specific Requirements:
A. Current license as a Radiology Technologist in the State of Texas.
B. Certified in CPR from AHA or ARC
C. Demonstrate competent administrative, leadership and nursing skills, demonstrating knowledge of the development needs of pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
D. Knowledge of JCAHO and Medicare standards affecting radiology.
E. Must possess ability to prioritize responsibilities and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
F. Possess the ability to deal tactfully with all types of personnel, medical staff and the public.
G. Possess the ability to make independent decisions.
H. Must have ability to act as liaison between personnel and management.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website