DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Surgical Technologist Medical City Lewisville Position Summary: Under the direction of the Registered Nurse, the Surgical Technologist assist the surgical team in delivering direct and indirect care to the patient in the Operating Room, providing quality health care through the development of an organizational climate that is professional, compassionate and responsive to the patient, physicians and ASSOCIATES. The Surgical Technologist must possess knowledge, judgment and skills based on the principles of biological, physiological, behavioral and social sciences within the scope of a Surgical Technologist basic training program. The Surgical Technologist assists the surgical team in identifying patient needs and plans and initiates interventions for resolution when applicable. The Surgical Technologist demonstrates an awareness of patient's rights and works to ensure patient privacy, safety and comfort. Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in hospital or departmental performance improvement activities.
- Assists in damp dusting light fixtures, tables, Mayo and ring stands.
- Assists in checking supplies, instruments and equipment against preference card and/or obtaining any missing items.
- Responsible for scrubbing assigned procedures.
- Anticipates the surgeon's needs in performing the operation and provides for a safe and sterile surgical environment.
- Uses supplies and suture judiciously.
- Accurately handles all specimens.
- Assists in cleaning the patient prior to applying surgical dressing.
- Assists in the care and maintenance of instruments, equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the location, care and operation of all surgical instruments, equipment and supplies.
- Assists in cleaning and restocking all the operating rooms.
- Initiates and/or assists in updating preference cards.
- Adheres to Universal Precautions.
- Attends staff meetings.
- Seeks opportunities to improve department or interdepartmental processes.
- Serves as a clinical resource to department staff, students, volunteers and other departments, and contributes to the teamwork essential to ensuring quality patient care
- Takes appropriate measures to ensure safety of patients.
- Current surgical technologist certification or LVN licensure required for Surgical Tech II. (Certification is not required for employees hired into surgical technologist position with Medical Center of Lewisville prior to September 2009).
- Eligibility for certification required for Surgical Tech I, and certification must be attained within 180 days of graduation from surgical technology program.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Surgical Technology required.
- Documented clinical knowledge and skills related to Surgical Services.
- Previous experience, as a Surgical Technologist preferred.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with others to ensure quality patient care.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Continuous focus on excellence in work environment.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website