DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Food Services Lead. We are seeking a Food Services Lead at Medical City Lewisville to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now! We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program and employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity. Built in 1976, Medical City Lewisville is a full-service medical and surgical facility offering 24-hour emergency services. We are licensed for 186 patient beds. Excellent customer service and patient safety are our top priorities. We are proud that more than 360 physicians and over 800 healthcare associates have chosen to make Medical City Lewisville their professional home. Our supportive environment, advanced technologies, and innovative medicines allow them to best treat you – our treasured patients – with the highest quality health care in a comfortable and compassionate setting. The Food Services Lead supervises and coordinates activities of Nutritional Services associates in food safety, sanitation, safety, food preparation, meal delivery, and clean up. Supervises porters, cafeteria activity, and diet office. Monitors activities ensuring Joint Commission regulations, City and State Health Department regulations are followed. Ensures that department and hospital policy & procedures are followed. The Food Services Lead is responsible for the following:
- Participates in hospital or departmental performance improvement activities, and seeks opportunities to improve department and inter-department processes.
- Perform special assignments as needed/requested.
- Serves as a resource to department staff, students, volunteers and other departments, and contributes to the teamwork essential to ensuring quality patient care.
- Takes appropriate measures to ensure safety of staff and patients.
- Uses leadership skills to motivate and direct staff.
- Assists with training and orientation of new associates.
- Appropriately handles stressful situations.
- Assists with completing inventory on the last day of each month.
- Supervises the cafeteria associates to ensure good customer service, sanitary environment, ensure dept policies and procedures are followed.
- Helps out with preparation and delivery of special functions as needed by chef
- Manages time in order to maintain efficiency within the department and ensures staffing is maintained and so that minimal overtime is used.
- Performs work safely and monitors safety within the kitchen.
- Ensures therapeutic diets are followed monitoring production team and tray line.
- Completes sanitation checklist at least once a month.
- Has excellent customer service skills – attempts to meet customer requests in café, always tries to find a win-win solution to any concerns customers have.
- Assists Operations Manager with Kronos and other areas, as needed.
- Ensures deliveries are checked in by appropriate staff utilizing HACCP policies.
- Ensures associates abide by Texas Food Code and any regulations required by Joint Commission City Health Dept., State of Texas, etc.
- Maintains Serve Safe certification.
- Monitors porters and ensures they follow proper procedure following State and Federal Regulations. Monitors dish machine temps daily. Monitors refrigeration temps frequently. Monitors the cleaning schedules ensuring their timely completion.
- Monitors tray line accuracy and speed.
- Completes weekly food expense log and meal count sheets log.
- Must become serve safe certified within 3 months of being hired.
- At least 2 years of experience in food service, preferably in a health care environment.
- Good reading, writing, arithmetic, and communication skills.
- Able to work independently and prioritize responsibilities.
- Good organizational skills.
- Computer experience.
Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring! We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website