DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Sterile Processing Tech Medical City Lewisville Position Summary: Under the direction of the Lead Instrument Processing Technician, the Instrument Technician is responsible for the processing of instruments used in the Operating Room and also those instruments used by other nursing and ancillary departments of the hospital. The position requires flexibility in working hours. Sterile Processing is a fast paced environment with many distractions and requires flexibility in setting job priorities according to customer as well as departmental needs. The technician must demonstrate organizational skills and efficiency and use time effectively. Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in hospital or departmental performance improvement activities.
- Assist in prioritizing processing of instrument trays for daily OR schedule.
- Processing of instruments from receiving to sterilization.
- Return processed instruments to individual departments.
- Replace missing/damaged instruments, as needed, individual as well as in instrument sets/trays.
- Communicate when instruments are out for repair and/or returned.
- Receive instrument/sterilizing supply deliveries from Materials Management.
- Verifies returned implant count corresponds with implants used.
- Responsible for keeping instrument processing and storage areas clean and orderly.
- Care of sterilization equipment
- Biological testing of sterilizing units performed and recorded.
- Cleans sterilizing equipment and record data.
- Cleans and performs biological testing of Steris units.
- Cleans and performs biological testing for Sterrad unit.
- Empty and clean ultrasound machine daily.
- Cleans and refills OB and Nursery containers daily.
- Assists in creating/up-dating computerized instrument count sheets.
- Assists in training new ASSOCIATES.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Participate in performance improvement activities.
- Assists with educational activities in the SPD.
- Completes instrument processing/sterilizer competencies.
- Knowledgeable of JCAHO requirements for sterilization processes.
- Assist as trained/requested in supply ordering, restocking, pulling cases, etc.
- Seeks opportunities to improve department or interdepartmental processes.
- Receives and inventories instruments.
- Serves as a resource to department staff, volunteers and other departments, and contributes to the teamwork essential to ensuring quality patient care or service of department.
- Takes appropriate measures contributing to safety within the facility.
- This position may be involved in the responsibility for performing high-level disinfection and/or sterilization.
- They will be required to meet initial and annual competencies to ensure the process is performed accurately.
- Certification in sterile processing preferred.
- Prefer experience in Sterile Processing, or Surgical Technologist or related field.
- Able to take call and respond within 30 minutes.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Basic computer skills.
- Integrity to work with confidential information.
- Ability to follow established procedures.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to handle stress.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills.
- Must be committed to quality service and patient care.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility in response to unexpected needs of the department.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website