DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Registered Nurse - RN - CVICU
Medical City Fort Worth
Work Schedule: Full-Time Nights 7p-7a Rotating WeekendsAbout Medical City of Fort Worth
Medical City of Ft. Worth is a 320 bed MAGNET facility located in the heart of Fort Worth. Medical City Healthcare serves as a tertiary referral center not only for Tarrant County, but also numerous counties within a 90 mile radius.
- Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI
- Accredited AMI Program
- Accredited Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Cardiovascular Center of Excellence
- Magnet Re-designation December 2015
Why CVICU at Medical City?
The cardiac team at Medical City of Fort Worth is committed to providing advanced, comprehensive heart and vascular care to our patients, their families, and the community. Medical City has been recognized as a leading center for cardiac care in the Dallas - Fort Worth area and provides some of the fastest heart attack treatment times in Tarrant County. The team at Plaza Medical Center can remove a heart patient's blockage in about half the time of the average U.S. hospital – 45 minutes from the time a heart patient arrives at our door to the time he or she is diagnosed, treated with angioplasty or another cardiac procedure, and stabilized.
A few of the benefits we provide you:
Industry Leading Clinical Training and Professional Academy - Emerging Leaders
401K (3 to 9% based on tenure)
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance.
New Extended Family Leave
Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Hundreds of consumer discounts
Financial Fitness Program with a Certified Financial Planner
Job Responsibilities The CVICU RN in our 8-bed unit provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
QualificationsMinimum Position Requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing; BSN preferred
- Current licensure as an RN required
- Current certification as a BLS
- Prefer a minimum of 1 year Acute Care RN experience
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website