DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Registered Nurse Intermediate Care Unit
Medical City Denton
Full-time Day Shift – 7a to 7p
$10K sign-on bonus and $3K relocation for qualified applicants!
Medical City Denton, a Magnet and Level II trauma facility, is a 208 bed, full service hospital that serves the growing population of Denton, Wise, Cooke and Montague Counties. Offering a full-spectrum of healthcare services, including advanced open-heart surgery and trauma programs, more than 850 employees and 300 physicians are constantly striving to offer the highest quality service to the North Texas area. At Medical City Denton, we feel that customer service is an important part of every person's job and strive to enhance community health through our service with compassion, excellence and efficiency.
Our IMCU is a 12 bed ICU Stepdown department that provides care to patients with issues ranging from Trauma, Cardiovascular, Renal/Dialysis, and other critically ill patient populations requiring intensive monitoring. Our unit is staffed with a team oriented group of caring Registered Nurse professionals including a dedicated Nurse Educator and an experienced, engaged Management team. Our floor has an excellent culture that encourages participation and teamwork. We are looking for a RN with experience in an acute care facility at the ICU or Stepdown level, however are open to those looking to advance their career in this area.
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Provides cardiopulmonary management and monitoring for patients.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
Join our team and you will experience a total rewards package to support your health, life, career and retirement including:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- Opportunities to progress in function, skill, and pay
- A competitive wage scale
- Generous tuition reimbursement, Student Loan Repayment and clinical certification support
- A comprehensive health and wellness package including medical, dental and prescription drug coverage
- HCA's Time Away From Work Program that combines paid time off, disability coverage and leaves of absence (including paid family leave)
- 401k Plan - 100% matching contribution — from 3% to 9% of pay — based on your years of vesting service
Required Job Qualifications include:
Current licensure as an RN or compact license
Have BSN or will sign up for BSN within 6 months of hire and completing in 2 years of hire
Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider and ACLS.Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website