SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Advanced Care Technician Medical City Denton Position Summary: The Advance Care Technician will be able to provide quality care to patients under the direction of the Medical Director in accordance with the philosophy, goals, and objectives of Medical City Healthcare. Reports to the charge nurse for shift assignments and direction of shift duties assigned. Each RN decides on a case-by-case basis what nursing tasks may be delegated to the unlicensed personnel in accordance with Rule 224 (relating to RN delegation in acute care settings or for patients with acute conditions). Job Duties:
- Facilitates the flow of patients through the emergency care system, ensuring timely evaluation according to the health care needs of the patients.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills in the care of the emergency department patient. Considers principles of emergency care while assisting the RN to formulate an appropriate plan of care for the patient.
- Documentation is consistent, complete, thorough and legible.
- Patient care is administered based on Hospital and Departmental specific standards of care and practice.
- The Paramedic involves the patient and/or significant other(s) in the patient's care. Education/instruction are provided specific to the patient's health care needs and age requirements.
- Administers prescribed medications to patients in accordance with Hospital policies and practice guidelines.
- Physician orders are carried out accurately in providing direct patient care within scope of practice. Assures that other departments are notified of orders and services are needed.
- Notifies the Charge Nurse and/or physician of changes of patient status as appropriate.
- Considers age-related factors/limitations in the education of patients. Applies knowledge and principles of agerelated factors appropriately in teaching situations.
- Ensures patient's right to privacy and confidentiality.
- Assumes responsibility for the care of assigned patients. Patient care activities are organized and prioritized.
- Contributes to the smooth functioning of the Unit by offering help to other staff members. Assists with patient are functions beyond those assigned within the Paramedic scope of practice.
- Provides accurate and pertinent patient information reports too the Charge Nurse and to the oncoming shift to ensure continuity of care.
- Performs Unit-specific responsibilities such as crash cart checks and cleaning of equipment and work areas
- Performs venipuncture, administers and maintains IV fluids and medications in accordance with Hospital practice guidelines. Correctly labels, calculates and regulates the flow of IV solutions. Documents pertinent information related to IV therapies.
- Prepares patients for surgical and other invasive procedures.
- Maintains competencies required by Hospital, Unit and position.
- Maintains safe, effective working knowledge of equipment.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the crash cart, emergency equipment and code procedures.
- Performs basic life support (CPR) when necessary.
- Takes into consideration the spiritual, psycho-social, cultural and religious preferences of the patient and family when participating in care.
- Demonstrate understanding of HCA's strict compliance to all safety protocols and procedures and Excellence Always.
- Organizes and maintains cleanliness of patient rooms and work environment.
- Required Paramedic Certification or Licensed Paramedic
- Required 1 year of 9-1-1 System or Hospital ED Experience required
- Current Texas Department of State Health Services Emergency Medical Technician – Paramedic/Licensed Paramedic
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS)
- Preferred Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) within 6 months of hire.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website