DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Unit Secretary / Clinical Secretary
Full Time Nights
Medical City Dallas
Founded in 1974, Medical City Hospital is recognized for its state-of-the-art medical facilities and commitment to excellence in patient care. Located in Dallas, our medical team consists of more than 1,150 physicians, many of whom are recognized as the world's best in their specialties.
Join our team and you will experience a total rewards package to support your health, life, career and 401K retirement including:
A supportive and collaborative work environment
Opportunities to progress in function, skill, and pay
A competitive wage scale with annual merit increases
Generous tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment and clinical certification support
A comprehensive health and wellness package including medical, dental and prescription drug coverage
HCA's Time Away From Work Program that combines paid time off, disability coverage and leaves of absence (including paid family leave)
We operate as a 876-bed tertiary care center, and we hope from the moment you walk through our doors, you will notice the Medical City difference. Our staff is passionate about their work and committed to providing excellent patient care. This has allowed Medical City to become a place where healing, compassion, humanity and simple kindness are celebrated daily..
Under the direction of the Registered Nurse, the Unit Secretary performs clerical functions related to patient care for Surgical Services. To include:
- Contribute to a safe environment of care for the patients served
- Maintain the medical record, stock supplies and act as clinical unit receptionist
- Transcribe medical orders with emphasis on orders common to surgical care
- Communicate effectively with patients, families, and visitors in an age appropriate manner
- Effectively communicate between departments and healthcare team members
- Apply standard precaution guidelines to verify, handle, and transport blood and body fluids
- Knowledge of medical terminology and diagnostic tests in surgical care is preferred
- One-year experience as Unit Secretary in acute care facility is required
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website