SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Medical Technologist - Generalist
Work Schedule: PRN/Per Diem
Location: Medical City Dallas Hospital
Our medical team consists of more than 1,200 physicians, many of whom are recognized as the world's best in their specialties. Patients travel to Medical City from all over the United States and more than 75 other countries for the sophisticated treatment offered by our 400+ in-house physician specialists. Medical City offers a full-service adult hospital and pediatric hospital, with separate adult and pediatric emergency rooms, as well as numerous outpatient clinics and diagnostic centers. Our providers have access to state-of-the-art technology and are pioneering new medical procedures every day to accommodate patient needs. We operate as a 796-bed tertiary care center, and we hope from the moment you walk through our doors, you will notice the Medical City difference.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and growth opportunities. Our benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Medical Technologist Job Summary:
- Performs chemical, bacteriological, serological and microscopic procedures in one or more laboratory sections.
- All aspects of specimen receipt and accessioning, tissue culturing, cell harvesting, slide preparation for both FISH and karyotyping (including chromosome banding) with proper documentation, photo-microscopy and analysis, reagent quality control
- Participation in laboratory proficiency testing, and training of new employees as needed.
- Maintains records of performance, patient results, and quality control as defined in the laboratory's general and sectional policy and procedure manuals.
- Maintains equipment in accordance with defined policies and procedures, and records preventive and remedial maintenance of equipment.
- Participates in quality assurance and quality improvement projects in the laboratory.
- May participate in research and development of new procedures and changes to existing procedures.
- May participate in cost analysis of existing and prospective test procedures.
Medical Technologist Job Qualifications Include:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Three years of lab experience is preferred
- One year previous MT - Generalist preferred
- MT(ASCP) or equivalent, HEW (HHS) NCA, or other certification required for employees within 6 months of hire
- Previous hospital experience preferred
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website