DescriptionSHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Food Supervisor - Patients We are seeking a Food Supervisor over Patient Services to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now! We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO. medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity. Founded in 1974, Medical City Dallas is recognized for its state-of-the-art medical facilities and commitment to excellence in patient care. Offering nearly 100 specialties, we are conveniently located in the heart of North Dallas at Forest Lane and Central Expressway (US 75), just 15 minutes from downtown Dallas and a short drive from North Dallas suburbs. Operating within our 801-bed tertiary care center, our medical team consists of more than 1,500 physicians, many of whom are recognized as the world's best in their specialties. Patients travel to Medical City from all over the United States and more than 75 other countries for the sophisticated treatment offered by our 400+ in-house physician specialists. Medical City offers a full-service adult hospital and pediatric hospital, with separate adult and pediatric emergency rooms, as well as numerous outpatient clinics and diagnostic centers. Our providers have access to state-of-the-art technology and are pioneering new medical procedures every day to accommodate patient needs. The Food Supervisor - Patients is responsible for supervision of the City Gourmet Room Service Program and Call Center to ensure timely and efficient meal service to all patient service areas within 45 minutes or less and has the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for supervision of the City Gourmet Room Service Program and Call Center to ensure timely and efficient meal service to all patient service areas within 45 minutes or less.
- To respond to all customer & guest concerns in person at the time of the complaint and via e-mail for electronically received complaints.
- To utilize computer (Meditech, Computrition, Outlook, and Microsoft office software) and manual systems for completion of required reports, such as shift reports, inventory logs, attendance logs, etc.
- Monitor employee attendance for timeliness, accrual of incremental overtime utilizing KRONOS on a daily basis.
- To direct, monitor, and participate in the overall sanitation and safety of the department and employees in accordance with both company standards and regulatory agencies (TJC and Health Department).
- To prepare work schedules based on the FPC and revise as needed based on PLUS and the census.
- To assist in the completion of 90 day competencies, performance feedback & evaluations, and coaching/disciplinary counseling for all employees.
- To train and mentor new employees & dietetic interns in order to ensure consistent training of staff on policies, procedures, and equipment.
- To take appropriate corrective action as needed to address equipment repairs and adjust procedures as indicated.
- To demonstrate appropriate knowledge of special dietary restrictions and/or food handling techniques as indicated for various patient populations.
- Serves as a role model & advocate for AIDET, Patient Promise, and Medical City's 6 Keys.
- Requires at least 3 years of food service management experience, preferably in a high volume restaurant, hospital, hotel, or room service environment, preferred
- Registered Food Service Manager, City of Dallas certificate required within 1 year of hire or transfer
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills that include written and verbal communication.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website