SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Endoscopy Technician - PRN (As Needed) Location: Medical City Dallas Hospital Our medical team consists of more than 1,200 physicians, many of whom are recognized as the world's best in their specialties. Patients travel to Medical City from all over the United States and more than 75 other countries for the sophisticated treatment offered by our 400+ in-house physician specialists. Medical City offers a full-service adult hospital and pediatric hospital, with separate adult and pediatric emergency rooms, as well as numerous outpatient clinics and diagnostic centers. Our providers have access to state-of-the-art technology and are pioneering new medical procedures every day to accommodate patient needs. We operate as a 796-bed tertiary care center, and we hope from the moment you walk through our doors, you will notice the Medical City difference. Endoscopy Technician Job Summary:
- Functions as member of Endoscopy lab team under the guidance of a Registered Nurse.
- Collaborates with Registered Nurse in completing assignments.
- Provide direct basic care including; Collect data, Check Vital Signs, Perform POCT, and report to Registered Nurse, Witness Disclosure and Consent.
- Provide assistance with ambulation and care of the patient.
- Disconnect the patient from monitor upon the request by Registered Nurse.
- Discontinue the IV upon the request by Registered Nurse.
- Sets-up Rooms with working knowledge of aseptic and sterile technique.
- Assist the team during the Endoscopy procedures including but not limited to; sample collection, Dilation and polypectomy.
- Ensures Instruments are reprocessed, and maintained in an aseptic environment.
- Maintaining inventory for instruments used.
- Functions in the role of PCA or HUC (secretary) or transporter as needed.
QualificationsEndoscopy Technician Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- LVN optional.
- Experience as a nursing assistant or similar position and competency in the role of the nursing assistant.
- Experience in an endoscopy setting preferred.
- Current AHA or ARC provider.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website