DescriptionSHIFT: Weekends Only
Medical City Dallas Acute Care Advanced Practitioner OR Physician Assistant - PA BMT / Bone Marrow Transplant Oncology / Stem Cell Transplant Full-Time (Weekends Only) Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team. We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity. Founded in 1974, Medical City Dallas is recognized for its state-of-the-art medical facilities and commitment to excellence in patient care. Offering nearly 100 specialties, we are conveniently located in the heart of North Dallas at Forest Lane and Central Expressway (US 75), just 15 minutes from downtown Dallas and a short drive from North Dallas suburbs. Our medical team consists of more than 1,500 physicians, many of whom are recognized as the world's best in their specialties. Patients travel to Medical City from all over the United States and more than 75 other countries for the sophisticated treatment offered by our 400+ in-house physician specialists. Medical City offers a full-service adult hospital and pediatric hospital, with separate adult and pediatric emergency rooms, as well as numerous outpatient clinics and diagnostic centers. Our providers have access to state-of-the-art technology and are pioneering new medical procedures every day to accommodate patient needs. We operate as a 876-bed tertiary care center, and we hope from the moment you walk through our doors, you will notice the Medical City difference. Our staff is passionate about their work and committed to providing excellent patient care. This has allowed Medical City to become a place where healing, compassion, humanity and simple kindness are celebrated daily. You can play a key part in our continued success. The Oncology and Stem Cell Transplant Advanced Practitioner OR Physician Assistant is responsible for:
- This position involves the coordination of inpatient admission, treatment, follow-up, and discharge planning for the patient population served.
- The Advanced Practitioner evaluates, plans, and provides care for patients in consultation with and under the direct supervision of attending Physician.
- Performs clinical procedures under the direction of the attending physician and/or approved protocols.
- Acts as a clinical resource/role model for service lines served
- Provides and/or coordinates educational activities for both staff and patients.
- Partner with education programs to assist with training opportunities, facilitate orientation to the organization and oversee ongoing training of Advanced Practitioners, and manage the mentoring program for new Advanced Practitioners.
- Participate in research activities in compliance with IRB and regulatory agencies
- Contribute to the development and implementation care path/guidelines, as well as participate in the variance capture and analysis in an effort to enhance quality, service and resource management.
- Other duties as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- MSN or Master's in Physician Assistant Services
- Minimum 3 years oncology clinical experience preferred.
Licensure /Certification Required:
- Current RN and APRN OR PA license in the State of Texas
- Certification as an ACNP by the ANCC and/or the AANP OR Certification as a PA by the NCCPA.
- Current American Heart Association BLS provider.
- Current American Heart Association ACLS provider within 3 months.
- Prescriptive Authority/DEA# within 1 year of hire.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website