SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Perform all job functions of the Ultrasound Technologist. Must be able to be on an on-call status and respond within thirty (30) minutes of notification.
The Ultrasound Tech conducts procedures to provide data to assist in the diagnosis of patients. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
Performs diagnostic procedures applying prescribed methods of ultrasound technique.
- Selects transducer and adjusts equipment controls according to organ to be examined, depth of field and other specifications of test.
- Explains procedures to patients and addresses their concerns.
- Keys test data and patient information into computer to maintain record of test results.
- Assists physician with ultrasound guided biopsies and/or invasive procedures.
- Maintains and calibrates equipment.
- Monitors, records and communicates as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Provides a safe environment for administering contrast material.
- Assists with transporting patients.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to make independent decisions while maintaining tact, maturity and a positive attitude. Initiative and judgment required in assuming responsibilities.
Medical City Alliance is a full-service, 99-bed acute care facility with a Level III Trauma Center and Women's Services unit boasting a state-accredited Level III NICU. Medical City Alliance proudly serves north Fort Worth, Keller, Roanoke, Haslet, Saginaw and surrounding communities in northern Tarrant and southern Denton Counties. The hospital is a green facility, silver LEED certified for environmental and energy efficiency.
As a part of the Medical City Healthcare network of hospitals and specialists, patients are ensured access to leading medical specialists and advanced healthcare innovations across the network.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Medical City Alliance, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Technical degree or vocational training
- Prefer at least 1 year of experience
Licenses/Registrations and/or Certifications:
- ARDMS and BLS required. Must obtain RVT certification within 6 months of hire date
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website